João Felix (Chelsea) - Unrequited Love

Requested: yes
Prompt: Reader is in love with João

No matter how much she would try, she always found herself being the second option for someone. "I love you Y/n but-" That's how it always ended. They always promised to stay friends but that never happened and they never really bothered her. That was of course until she met Joao. He was probably the first ever human being to consider her as a first choice. He didn't treat you like anyone else did. They'd stay up late almost every night to just talk about anything and everything. She cried together, laughed together, basically did everything. Life was great, love was great, she felt healed it seemed and then that fake kingdom of hope shattered and crumbled to the ground once she came along.

She walked to Joao's apartment and knocked on the door. Today was the day she was going to tell him exactly how she felt and nobody was going to stop you. Her shoulders lifted as she saw the door opening, only to droop when her eyes landed on a beautiful brunette girl with blue eyes and a practically perfect body. The words got stuck in her throat as she tried to speak. "Can I help you?" the girl asked. "I- erm. Is Joao here?" She asked, fighting back the tears. "He's actually gone out to the gym. He'll be back soon though. Would you like to come in?" Y/n shook her head. "No thanks. Could you just tell him that Y/n was looking for him?" She requested. "Oh my god! You're Y/n?" Y/n nodded your head slowly. "Joao has told me so much about you! I'm Mila. I'm so sorry about your love life sis." She faked a smile and clenched her jaw. "Yeah well, it happens sometimes doesn't it?" She hated her already. "I'm sure you'll find someone one day." Mila reassured you. "I thought I found someone once before but it appeared that he wasn't the one." She said, sounding hurt. "Well, I should get going." Y/n began walking away only to stop in her tracks and turn around. "Actually-" Mila reopened the door and looked at Y/n. "What is that feeling when you finally find that person?" She smiled, remembering the very first time she realised she loved Joao. "Like nothing else would matter anymore. That's how I felt anyway." The smile on her face was telling Y/n that she wasn't lying. She was completely and utterly in love. "I'll keep that in mind then." She chuckled. "When you do find the one, dont let him go. Never, ever let him go."

Well sorry Mila, but for your sake, I'm going to have to let him go.

"I won't. Don't worry." Y/n both bid your farewells and walked back to your car. She looked blankly at the windscreen and smiled slightly before finally letting the plank break and allowing her eyes to finally drain the tears she had been fighting in for so long. She hated this feeling, this love thing. So many times she got it wrong and when she got the formula right finally, she couldn't have it. What was the reason?

Why? Why did it hurt so much?

Why? Why was she angry?

Why? Why? Why?

"I now pronounce you Mr and Mrs Felix." The crowd erupted into cheers and claps, which included you up near the front, watching the scene unfold before you. Joao pulling Mila closer and kissing her. He pulled away from the kiss and looked around, catching eyes with you. Y/n stuck her thumbs up, showing her approval which made him laugh. What a beautiful day. The wedding day. Everything seemed so perfect, much like the couple themselves. The dance went perfectly, the dinner went perfectly, the only thing left to do was basically cut the wedding cake and that would be it. However, everyone just wanted to talk for a while instead. Y/n sat drinking your little glass of cola, minding your business when she felt a hand on your shoulder, belonging of course to João. "Whats up?" She asked. "Let's go to the balcony." he said. "Why?" She lightly  chuckled. "Please? I want to talk with my best friend." Ouch. Best friend. Y/You got up and followed him, walking out to a beautiful balcony view. "So, what do you want to talk about?" She asked as he poured a glass of champagne. "Just nothing, like we used to."

Drrink after drink, she found herself getting that little bit drunker but she didn't care. It was fine. "You deserve it João." Y/n croaked. Thankfully he didn't notice how down she sounded. "I'm going to feel bad leaving you out of something though." he replied. "Psh, it's fine João. I promise. I think you could use being away from me for a while anyway." Joao laughed and sipped the last of his drinnk before standing up. "We should get going. The cake is going to get cut soon."

"Yeah, I'll follow you in a minute."

"Y/n, my cake!" He laughed as Y/n stayed sat down. "I'll be in soon. Don't worry about me." She smiled. João walked back over and kissed her hair. "Well don't spend too long out here. It's freezing." he whispered. "I'll see ya, yeah?" She nodded. "Yeah. I'll see you João." João smiled again and walked back in to his beautiful bride. Y/n finally stood up and looked in at how happy he was. Laughing, talking, holding his perfect bride. She couldn't help but feel jealous at this scene because no matter how much she told yourself otherwise, they were perfect for each other and it tore her up inside. That's when she made her decision; to leave for good. Y/n took one of the pieces of paper that she was supposed to write good luck messages to the married couple and wrote everything, absolutely everything on her mind before placing it under the glass and creeping out. And just like that, she disappeared into thin air, never to be heard from again.