Nico Gonzalez (Valencia C.F) - New City, New Faces

Requested: wattpad
Prompt: fluff w Nico Gonzalez
Warnings: fluff

Nico walked around Valencia aimlessly. He had close to no reason to be walking around, yet that's what he did. Every corner he took, people asked for a photo. He wanted to have a little bit of privacy while also getting the Valencian experience. He looked around, quickly looking for somewhere to disappear into and his eyes landed on a library where a group of students walked in together. A smile appeared on his face and an idea was planted in his head. Nico lifted his hood over his head and crossed the street.

As he walked into the library, he looked around awkwardly. Its not like he never set foot in a library before, he used to go all the time when he was younger but he hadn't been in a library since he was still in school, it was like a whole different place than outside. He looked over to the old librarian woman staring him down. He gave a lighthearted smile and walked towards her desk. "Disculpe, estoy buscando algunos libros?" (Excuse me, Im looking for some books?) Nico asked the librarian. "Bueno, entonces es una suerte que estés en una biblioteca, no?" (Well, it's lucky youre at a library, right?) She replied rudely. Nico nodded slowly and walked away towards the classical book sections. He looked around the shelves, not being able to choose a book, moreover a book he hadn't read before. Through a gap in the books, he looked through and spotted a girl looking through the books too. He smiled to himself as he watched her look so effortlessly beautiful.

Nico decided to follow her a bit and maybe 'accidentally' bump into her like they did in movies. "Disculpe? Sabe dónde puedo encontrar EL Gran Gatsby?" (Excuse me, do you know where I can find The Great Gatsby?) Nico asked as they both turned the corner. "En inglés o en español?" The girl asked.

"Eh, estoy buscando un desafío, tomaré inglés." (Eh, I'm looking for a challenge. English.) Nico smiled as the girl grabbed a book and handed it to him. He looked down and smiled at the plain looking cover. "Ah, perfecra. Me encantan los desafíos." (Ah perfect. I love challenges.) Nico swallowed the lump in his throat as his words set in and embarrassment set in from what he said. "Eh, ok? Encantado de hablar contigo." (Eh, ok? It was nice speaking with you.) She replied awkwardly, beginning to walk away but was stopped by the spaniard stepping in front of her. "Espera, espera." She looked up confused. "Me preguntaba si podría estudiar contigo." (I was wondering if I could study with you.) Nico lifted the book and his lips turned to a thin line. "Soy un inútil en estas cosas." (I'm useless at this stuff.) She looked between him and his book, then looking him up and down. "Puedes hablar ingles?" She asked. "Estoy bien en eso." He smirked. "Perfect. Let's go sit." Nico was dumbfounded as her accent changed, but soon smiled as he followed her.

The pair sat down together and began reading. Y/n flicked through the pages of her own book, writing down key quotes with their page number and chapter for study. "What are you doing?" He asked. "I'm just highlighting significant points that I can refer back to in my exams." She explained. His face twisted in confusion. "Shall I explain in Spanish?" He nodded his head. She leaned forward and slid the book and refill pad closer to him. "Vale, básicamente estoy mirando preguntas de exámenes anteriores para practicar cómo responder mis preguntas. Escribo comillas, así que tomo las que necesito y luego escribo el número de página y el capítulo al lado para que pueda hacer referencia a él. Para que el examinador sepa que estudié." (Okay, I'm basically looking at past exam questions to practice answering my questions. I write quotes so I take the ones I need and then I write the page number and chapter next to it so I can reference it. So that the examiner knows that I studied.) She explained. "Smart." He replied in English. "Very smart miss-" He looked and waited for her to say her name.

"Y/n. Y/n Y/l/n. And thank you." He smiled and looked between her two eyes, not being able to look away from the woman. "So, what do you study?" Y/n smiled. "Um- English literature?" Y/n arched a brow. "Well that's not true. I'm studying that and you're not in my class." Nico's mouth opened and closed looking for an answer. "And we are certainly not studying The Great Gatsby." He swallowed the spit in his mouth. "I also know there are no footballers in my class." She pulled the books back to her side and read as Nico sighed and looked down at the white table. "You figured it out that easy, huh?" Y/n smirked and nodded. "It was a good plan but there have been people taking photos of you since you walked in." His eyebrows knotted in confusion before Y/n looked up at him and moved her head to the left. Nico looked over and saw a small group of students quickly move their phones off him. He let out a sigh and closed the book, before standing up. "Fue un placer conocerte-" He paused. "But I have to leave." He stretched his hand out for her to shake, so she did.

Nico shoved his hands in his pockets as he walked out of the library and down the street past the cars. All his friends were a matter of hours away in a different city while he just moved and sat here alone. He had left the library about three minutes ago and already heard someone calling his name. Maybe a fan. His footsteps grew quicker and he became faster. Until he heard the voice getting louder and figured it was probably easier to just turn and take the photo or whatever to avoid further attention. "Nico! Espera! Wait!" Nico turned to see Y/n running towards him, her bag flying around aimlessly by her side as she sprinted. "Do you not have exams to study for?" He shouted back. She finally caught up and stood panting for a bit. "I'm- more- than- prepared." She said in between breaths. "Plus- you need- a friend here." She lifted her arms and motioned towards herself. "I thought I'd be your friend I guess." Nico smiled and took her bag for her. "Why is this so heavy?" He asked as the pair walked away together. "Well, Im I'm over achiever. What can I say?" She chuckled. "Coffee sound good?" He asked. "Sounds amazing."