Mason Mount (Manchester United) - Play Pretend

Day 1 of Christmas

"Do I have to?" Mason asked. "You weren't complaining when you had to eat the biscuits, where you?" Y/n said. "But that was because I like biscuits. What I don't like is a raw carrot." Mason protested. "Just bite it. It's not even that bad." Y/n giggled. "Easy for you to say! Its covered in dirt!" Mason replied. "But remember, Mase, 'Dirty carrots are good for the reindeer'." Y/n said, reminding him of what he said earlier when they were picking carrots from their mini vegetable patch in the garden. "Yes, yes, I remember. But that was when Mummy was playing reindeer, not me." It was their son Thomas' second Christmas and they thought they would make it just as special, if not more special, than his first considering this is generally when children begin to gain memories they'll actually remember.

Mason sighed, before counting to 3 and biting down hard on the carrot. Y/n silently laughed as Mason spat it into a piece of kitchen towel and began wiping the dirt off his tongue. "You could've wiped the end and then bit it, you muppet!" Y/n laughed. "I actually could have." He replied, laughing too. "Come on, just help me finish putting this stuff away." He said, picking up the spare bits of wrapping paper for the bin. "I still think we should wrap the bike." Y/n said. "For what? If we wrap that, it's an extra mess we have to clean." Mason said. "But it's for mystery!"

"Oh, I wonder what that could be, Mummy! A shovel? Maybe a dog? Oh my god a bike! I would have never guessed!" She slapped his chest. "Keep moving Mount." As Mason cleaned up the wrapping paper and ribbons, Y/n filled the stockings with different sweets and smaller presents and once they finally finished, the stood back and looked at their good job. "Possibly our best work as of late." Mason whispered. "Maybe for you. I've been doing good with my work." She muttered. "You're awfully cheeky this year." He said. "And that's why you love me." He nodded, not being able to deny that. He did love her, more than she would ever know. "I'll move the Santa plate back." He said.

"Oh but he's gonna have such a horrible Christmas." Y/n whispered as Mason placed the plate back to the fireplace, before turning to Y/n with a confused look on his face. "Why's that?" He asked. "Well, he's getting a United jersey, isn't he?" Y/n replied. "Oi, behave you!" He chuckled, grabbing her and pulling her onto the couch. In doing so, the bike beside the couch had fallen and made quite a loud bang. The couple looked at eachother and made a run to the hallway and into the downstairs bathroom to hide.

They stood there in darkness for a few minutes, hoping their toddler wouldn't come downstairs. "If he comes down, you need to go grab the Santa suit." She whispered. "I told you, I'm not wearing that. I'm not even wearing that tomorrow!" The pair giggled amongst themselves quietly. "What time is it?" Y/n asked. Mason pulled his phone out and showed her the homescreen with their little family on it from last Christmas.

00:00
Mon, 25 Dec 2023

"Happy Christmas, Mase." Y/n smiled. Mason smiled right back. "Merry Christmas, Y/n."