Rodrigo Riquelme (Atheltico Madrid) - Elevator Secrets

Day 17 of Christmas

As the days to Christmas counted down and it seemed almost eerily close, Rodrigo and his best friend since childhood, Y/n walked through the bustling streets of Madrid, now decorated with twinkling lights and various other christmas decorations. Laughter filled the air as they entered Starbucks, the warm aroma of coffee embracing them. Rodrigo grinned. "How about we start our Christmas shopping adventure with some festive drinks?"

As they sipped on their peppermint mochas, Y/n teased, "I hope your gift-giving skills are as good as your taste in coffee."

Rodrigo smirked, "You'll see, Y/n. I've got a plan." Their laughter echoed through the crowded shopping centre as they browsed through stores, carefully selecting thoughtful presents for their families. "We should go onto the next floor. There's meant to be a jumper my mother really wants." Y/n mumbled. "The elevator is right there. I say we do that instead of the stairs." Rodrigo suggested.

In the elevator with their shopping bags, Rodrigo looked around as the silence became somewhat awkward between them. Upon looking around, he noticed mistletoe hanging above. He chuckled nervously, and nudged the girl beside him, making her look up from her phone and blush furiously.  "Well, would you look at that?" Y/n replied, her throat almost dry from nervousness. "Guess we're stuck in here until someone makes a move."

A playful smirk crossed Rodrigo's face as he leaned in, stealing a sweet kiss under the mistletoe. It felt familiar, as if it was meant to be. It was obvious to everyone in Madrid that they were more than just friends but to them, they were oblivious. The elevator doors opened to reveal a surprised couple waiting to get in.

With an awkward laugh, Y/n said, "Looks like our secret's out." She said, breaking the silence and grabbing their bags to make a speedy escape.

In the midst of more shopping, Rodrigo turned to Y/n, a mischievous glint in his eyes. "You know, that mistletoe kiss wasn't so bad." Y/n blushed once again. "Maybe we should test it out again, just to be sure."

Their playful banter continued, each flirty comment deepening the connection between them. Finally, Rodrigo took a moment to stop and speak up. He stopped dead in his tracks and gently grabbed Y/n's arm to stop her too.  "You know, Y/n, there's something I've been wanting to tell you."

Y/n raised an eyebrow and grinned. "Oh? Do tell." Rodrigo took a deep breath, "I... I really like you." He paused, trying desperately to read her face. "More than just a friend." He held his breath in anticipation, just waiting for her to reply. Thankfully, a smile tugged at Y/n's lips, before she stepped that bit closer, within a breaths touch. "Funny you say that because I've been feeling the same way. I think I may actually love you, Rodrigo."

Their eyes locked, and the world seemed to pause as they simply stood. Rodrigo reluctantly held his hand out, and of course, she took it. He breathed a sigh of relief before his normal smile returned and together, they left the shopping centre, with the magic of Christmas lighting up not only the streets but the newfound relationship.