Pedri Gonzalez (FCBarcelona) - Duolingo

Requested: tumblr
Prompts: 20) "Prettyboy"
21) "That pick up line was so bad."
Warnings: none

Pedri and his girlfriend Y/n sat on the terrace of their holiday apartment overlooking the Mediterranean Sea, simply enjoying eachothers company. Whilst he sat with his eyes closed, breathing in the salty sea air, his tranquility was disturbed by an all too familiar sound; duolingo. His eyes opened, peering over to his girlfriend beside him tapping away happily at her phone. His resting face turned to a soft grin. "Is that duolingo?" Pedri asked quietly. Y/n nearly threw her phone with the sudden voice. "You went twenty minutes without speaking." She exclaimed. "Answer me, is that duolingo?" He asked. "Yeah? Why else would I suddenly be able to speak Spanish to your mother?"

"Learn from me?" He chuckled. "Come here, I help." She couldn't help but smile at the broken English that had improved so much since she met him first. Neither spoke eachothers language, hence it was difficult to even spark up the idea of a relationship, yet here they were a year later sat across from eachother on a balcony on their first vacation together. "Spell the word in Spanish." Pedri said, pointing at the word 'love'. Y/n typed at the keyboard. Amour. Just as she was about to confirm her answer, she felt her boyfriend lift her phone from her hands and delete the 'u'. "Why you spell it like that?" He asked, tutting. "What?" She asked, not understanding what she had done wrong. "If you spell amor with a u it's French, not Spanish." Y/n chuckled. "Okay professor." Pedri turned to her smiling and looking deep into her eyes. Y/n felt her heartbeat speeding up. Oh how she loved him. She didn't think she could love someone as much as this, but what a wonder a year is.

"Well now I show you how to spell love in Spanish, I can show you how to make it too, yeah?" Y/n slapped his arm playfully as a laugh escaped her lips. "That pick up line was so shit, pretty boy." His strong arms pulled her up off her own chair and onto his lap, letting her rest there as his head rested on her chest. "This is why I can't learn Spanish from you. This happens." Pedri grinned as he listened to the heart that beat for him day in and day out and she was held by the hands made for her.