Harvey Elliott (Liverpool FC) - Break A Leg

Day 23 of Christmas

Twas the snowy Christmas day when Liverpool's young star, Harvey Elliott, found himself in an unexpected predicament. The echo of carols resonated through the hospital halls as he hobbled in on crutches, a result of a clumsy fall down the stairs in the morning. One of his nurses Y/n was around his age and still only a student doing a placement to fill up experience hours so she would pop into the to check up on her patient. Harvey sat on a chair scrolling through the Liverpool WhatsApp group where he was getting the slagging of the century. That was until his nurse card his name and asked him to follow her as best he could to be examined. Nurse Y/n, with a compassionate smile, guided him to the examination room. "Looks like you've got quite the holiday tale to tell," she remarked as she assessed his injury.

Harvey winced, but his charm remained intact. "Well, breaking a leg is one way to make Christmas memorable." Harvey smiled. "In a way, I suppose." She mustn't have been in a joking mood. He supposed he wouldn't want to have to work on Christmas Day either. "Are you off early today?" Harvey asked. "Pardon?"

"Are you working all day or are you off for a few hours. Its Christmas." Y/n shrugged her shoulders. "Not as far as I'm aware. I'm hoping it's quiet enough so I can go home but I doubt it." Harvey sucked in his lower lip as she touched a tender area of his leg. "Sorry to hear that. Hopefully your mum keeps you some dinner." He says, half joking. Y/n smiled and looks up to the man. "I hope so too. She cooks good turkey, you know."

As Y/n tended to his injury, they exchanged jokes and random stories from their past Christmases as Harvey's flirtatious remarks met with Y/n's attempts to maintain a professional demeanor. But despite herself, she couldn't help but giggle at his jokes. In the midst of bandages and laughter, Harvey felt a strange connection. "You know, Y/n, there's something about the way you handle broken bones that makes me think we're meant to be." Y/n chuckled. "I think that's just the pain medication talking."

As dinnertime in the hospital had approached, Harvey, still confined to the hospital, he was offered some food to which he accepted. Whilst he sat eating the horrible hospital food, Y/n had come back with his x-rays and eager to get on her lunch break. "So what's the verdict?" Harvey asked. Y/n quickly explained the issue and how he should be okay to go home and rest once his cast was properly fitted. Harvey, ever the optimist decided this was the perfect chance to ask her to simply sit and join him for Christmas dinner. "How about you join me for dinner? It might be hospital food, but I promise the company will be top-notch."

Y/n hesitated, torn between professionalism and the festive spirit. "I'm not sure that's appropriate." She replied. "But it's Christmas!" Harvey pleaded with puppy-dog eyes. "And who would pass up the chance to have dinner with a guy who broke his leg for a good story?" Y/n rolled her eyes, a smile tugging at her lips. "Fine, but only because I'm curious about how someone manages to break a leg on Christmas day."

As they shared a modest hospital Christmas dinner, the two found themselves immersed in meaningful conversations. Harvey, spoke of his life and how much it has changed since he had been called up to the main squad. "I refuse to believe you used to have that haircut." Y/n chuckled as Harvey put his phone away. "Trust me, I wish I didn't sometimes." He replied. "But what about you? Haven't really heard much from you." Y/n put her tray to the side. "What do you want to know?" She asked. Harvey shrugged. "Well, how did you get into this? Must be some serious pressure."

"I don't know how to explain the pressure, the constant exams, and the sleepless nights. It's like I'm drowning in textbooks, and Christmas just feels like another deadline." She explained as best she could. Harvey, perceptive as ever, listened intently, concern etched on his face. "You don't have to carry it all alone. I've heard medical related stuff is tough, but you're tougher than I am. I would've quit by now." He said. "What? The Harvey Elliott would've quit?"

"Just better at football." Harvey replied. "Mmh, I'd debate that." Harvey laughed. He'd managed to break down her walls and make her laugh with him. "That's hilarious."

When the time came, Y/n helped put on Harvey's cast and sorted out all the paperwork for him to go home and enjoy the few hours he had left from Christmas. "I can help you out to your car if you want." Y/n offered. Harvey accepted and off the pair went, slowly as Harvey got used to his new set of crutches and heavy cast. "So what's the plan for after Christmas?" Harvey asked. "Probably back to uni. Yourself?" She replied. "Probably not football." He mumbled, earning a small laugh from Y/n. "No, but you've a team of professionals there to help you at your very command." He nodded in agreement. "Just this car here that's pulling up." Hafvey said, pointing out the black jeep his mother had driven right up to the hospital entrance. "Perfect. Well, I'll see you around, Harvey." Y/n smiled. "Just, one more thing." Harvey said as Y/n went to leave. "You're not defined by grades or deadlines. You should just take a break and relax. Maybe even go have a coffee or something. Anything away from this." Y/n smiled softly and thanked him, before the pair had separated and figured they wouldn't see eachother again.

A year had passed since then and Harvey had been back in Anfield. During this particular match, he had scored a cracker of a goal and ran to the kop to celebrate. As his teammates jumped around and atop of him his eyes darted around the stand, watching the passionate roars of the fans, but one in the very front caught his attention; his wonderful student nurse that had helped him just the year before. His breath hitched as he spotted her, waving. He help his hand up to his ear and signified for her to call him, making her laugh. Well since he was no longer her patient, what's the harm? She could maybe even come to his Christmas dinner this year...and maybe next year too.