Mason Mount (Chelsea FC) - Coffee Talks

Requested: here on wattpad
Prompts: 44) "I'm just looking at your eyes."
49) "Stop smiling at me, I can't."
Warnings: nope

Running through the streets of London isnt exactly how Y/n imagined her Thursday morning. She more so expected to be doing normal physio assistant things, like maybe taking details or helping the Physiotherapist but no. Coffee runs. She quickly stumbled into the coffee shop to be faced with a massive line to the counter. She was given twenty minutes to be back, how was she gonna do that now? She took her phone out and called the clinic she worked for, waiting for them to answer. "Hello?" The familiar voice of her boss answered. "Hey, it's me Y/n? The line here is huge, I wont be able to be back on time." She explained. "I mean, take your time I suppose. Just be back before ten." She looked at the time. "But that's in twenty five minutes."

"Yes?"

"Nothing, I'll get back as soon as possible." She hung up and sighed, a string of curses being let out underneath her breath. "Next please!"

"Two caramel lattes, one hazelnut latte with hazelnut milk, a chai tea, three cappuccinos and an americano with soy milk and a sugar." She gasped out in one breath. The barista smiled at her. "Whatt size?" She thought for a moment. "Just give me them all large."

"£41.60 altogether please." Her jaw nearly hit the floor. "Jesus, that's gonna hurt the bank account." She chuckled, takingher card out to tap.

"I'm so sorry miss, it declined." Y/n groaned. "Are you sure?" The barista nodded. "Is there any way I could put this on a tab and pay later? My wages are in today." She shook her head. "I'm afraid not." Right then, she spotted a card being handed across her shoulder. "I'll pay-" She cut the polite stranger off. "No, I have cash." She quickly muttered, opening her purse and handing over a fifty pound note. Y/n received her change and quickly grabbed her coffee and speed walked towards the door. "Six pounds for a fucking cup of flavoured water and milk." She muttered, leaving the coffee shop. She heard a chuckle from someone behind her. She turned to see a man with brown hair, almost as if it was off of a Disney Prince. "Sorry, that was hilarious." He said. "Well it's true. Shouldn't be over 3 pounds. It wasnt where I'm from."

"Well, I'm here because you left your card for the tube at the counter." She looked down and saw him handing her a card. "Oh my god, thank you!" She exclaimed. "Could you just put it in my pocket please? My hands are full." The man put the card into her coat pocket and then went in front of her to open the door. "After you." He smiled. "Whhy thank you?" She paused and waited for his name. "Mason. And you're welcome?"

"Y/n." The smile stayed the same. "Nice name." Y/n shivered as she stood in the street. "Freezing, isnt it?" She said through jittering teeth. "I can give you a lift if you'd like. My cars only a minute away." Mason said pointing down the street. "No, no. I'm fine getting the tube." She said. "You sure?" She nodded. "Well I mean theres two stops I could get off at but the one that goes a bit further is three minutes closer to work." Mason smiled again. She kind of loved his smile. "It'll be quicker by car. Theres mental lines at the tube, especially this time of year." She thought to herself for a while before kindly accepting his offer. "As long as you aren't a serial killer." She joked. "Ah, my covers blown now." She giggled at his light hearted response. They continued talking until they reached his car. Now, Y/n expected something different, a car that someone his age would have like maybe a polo or a ford but what wasnt on her list was a custom black mercedes g wagon.

"This is your car?" He nodded and opened the door. "Just bought it. Real fast." He said. Y/n was dumbfounded. Who was this guy? "What are you, a doctor or something?" She asked, sitting into the car. "Nah, guess again." He closed the door and walked around to his side where he got in. "You a doctor maybe?" He shook his head and looked out the window to look for traffic. "How about celebrity? You a secret celebrity?" He grinned. "Something like that."

"Singer?"

"No."

"Actor?"

"No."

"Model?"

"Sometimes." Her face twisted. "What do you mean sometimes?" She asked. "Sometimes I'm asked to model soome stuff." She thought for a minute. "Footballer?" He looked over and nodded. "Chelsea?" He nodded again. "You're not Mason Mount are you?"

"And shes won it!" He exclaims. "So what is it that you do, since you know mine and all." He asked. "I'm a physio assistant. I graduated in September." Mason nodded. "Are you working in a hospital? A clinic?"

"I'm working in a clinic. I hate them all there but its work." She sighed and looked out the window. "Well, if you ever need, I've got links in Chelsea." He joked. "Ha, ha. How'd you get links there?" She joked back. "You know what I mean though. If you ever need out of there, just let me know." She smiled and looked out the window. "And how will I manage to do that?" She paused. "This is my stop." She said. As Mason pulled in, she turned back to face him, but was instead faced by his phone, opened. "Giving me an iPhone 11? How generous." She chuckled. "No, no, put your number in. That's how you're gonna message me about Chelsea." She smiled as she took his phone. "Or anything else."

Y/n typed her number in before handing it back. "Same goes for you. Thanks for the lift by the way." She smiled and hopped out, but by the time she turned around to wave goodbye, her prince charming was already gone, and nothing but a memory that made her smile like nothing ever had.