Declan Rice (Arsenal) - Cupid and Psyche

Requested: yes
Prompt: meeting Declan at an art museum
Warnings: you'll become a Declan girly

A casual Thursday in Paris for Y/n, the art student. When she decided to take a leap of faith and move to Paris, she didn't think it'd get her into such predicaments. Missing metros, causing arguments accidentally in street markets, meeting strange and exciting people. But this was life. It was going to happen to someone, it just so happened to be Y/n. Her parents implored her to stay close to home and study locally, but no. She had to go for her own sanity.

Now that leap of faith brings us to the louvre in Paris at half past two on a Thursday afternoon. She walked delicately and quietly around the famous museum with her headphones blocking out any sort of human distraction. The Mona Lisa; too busy. Medusa's raft; not as busy but it had been seen before. Her favourite piece was a marble sculpture, sculpted by Antonio Canova. It depicted Cupid reviving his lover Psyche with a kiss. Looking at it was tender, it was blissful. It made her believe in love and gave her hope that one day she would one day find someone that equally made her feel this way.

"I don't understand this at all." Y/n turned her head to the man beside her, looking up at the marble as if it were just another stone. "Then you've never experienced love." Y/n mumbled quietly, but not quietly enough. The stranger turned his head and his look of confusion stayed the same. "Excuse me?" He asked, his British accent clear and thick. "I said you've never experienced love. I like to think this depicts love in its physical form." She repeated. "And why is that?"

"Well, the story goes that Psyche-" She pauses and points to the woman. "Was so beautiful, that Venus herself felt threatened and decided to send Cupid to seek her revenge and to kill her." She explained. "And what about that screams love in its physical form?" The man asked even more bewildered than he once was before. "Well Cupid fell in love with Psyche and instead of killing her, he hid her away in his Palace to protect her. He then visited her each night and warned her to never look at him. Her sister however convinces her that Cupid must be a hideous monster so one night, while he is asleep,she looks at him and he leaves her for breaking their bond."

"Once again, I beg the question."

"Let me finish!" The man sighs and allows her to continue her story. "Distraught, she goes to Venus for help who sends her on quests to find her lover. For her last task, she has to go retrieve Propserina's beauty fron the underworld but opens it on the way back up and falls into a lifeless sleep. Cupid then finds her and returns the beauty to the box and kisses Psyche, granting her immortality so they could be married as equals." The man nodded and looked at the marble again, this time taking in the story and understanding the meaning differently. He appreciated it more and she could see that. "That's a beautiful story." Y/n nodded along and smiled as if she had seen the sculpture for the first time. She looked down as she caught a glimpse of a hand in front of her, before she turned and saw the man smiling at her. "I'm Declan, by the way." He said. Y/n took his hand and returned the smile. "Y/n."

"Lovely name. You from Paris?" He asked. "No. I'm guessing by the accent you aren't either?" She said. "What? I don't sound French?" He asked in a ridiculously stereotypical French accent, making the girl giggle. "What brings you to Paris?" Y/n asked after she calmed down from laughing. "Single. Very single." He replied. Y/n's eyebrows twisted into those of confusion. "And how is coming to Paris going to help you with that?" She asked. "Well, I figured the dating apps weren't working. May as well pretend to be confused in an art gallery."

"And how is that going for you?" She scoffed, folding her arms and looking up to him. "Not too bad, I reckon." He replied, making the once confident and sure woman now crumble and turn bright red. "Well it doesn't count if you don't intend on meeting someone later." Y/n said. "Good point." Declan whipped out his phone and handed it to her, with a new contact ready to be dialled in. Y/n grinned and took the phone, throwing her number in and handing it back. "So how about we finish off looking at the gallery and grabbing a coffee afterwards?" He suggested. "I think that's a marvellous idea, Declan." She smiled. Declan hooked his arm around hers and looked down to her. "Then let's go, madame."