Mason Mount (Manchester United) - The Silent Treatment

Requested: tumblr
Prompt: Y/n and Mason have an argument which leads to Y/n giving him the greatest punishment of all; the silent treatment
Warnings: cursing

"Can you just fuck off and leave me alone? Fuck sake. Five instead of peace! That's all I fucking want!" Mason shouted. Mason had been having a hard time with playing recently. He found himself in positions he didn't wanna to be in and was taking it out on himself...well that was up until the last few games. On this particular night, he let someone past him and that exact player scored from not being tackled and of course, Mason sat blaming himself. In an attempt to comfort her boyfriend, Y/n assured him in the car it wasn't his fault and then again when they got home, which resulted in this argument. "I- Mase, all I said was it wasn't your fault they scored. It happens sometimes-"

"Y/n! Leave me alone for fucks sake!" He screamed. Y/n looked dumbfounded at his rage-filled face in the kitchen. She was sick of this. Almost every week he had a game was like this since he moved club. "Fine. Fine! Sort it out yourself." Y/n replied, storming off to the guest bedroom and locking the door. As she lay in the bed, she sat silently hoping he would knock her door, but as the seconds ticked to minutes, and minutes to hours, the only thing she heard was Mason's heavy footsteps up the stairs and their bedroom door closing. Tears threatened to fall from her eyes. Did he not love her anymore? Was it just the pressure he was under? Regardless,that's no way to treat your girlfriend of four years and would deserve an apology at least. She found herself dozing in and out of sleep and before she knew it, it was morning.

She opened the door of the room where she spent the night and walked downstairs, boiling the kettle for a quick cup of coffee. Thankfully, she had a day off from work today, so she could catch up on the sleep she missed last night. Y/n heard gentle footsteps coming down the stairs. She didn't bother turning to look. She didn't want to. The footsteps stopped as he reached the kitchen door before carrying on, walking past her to the fridge. Her eyes followed him as he grabbed one of his pre-made smoothies and shook it, looking down at his phone in the other hand. "Morning." Mason mumbled. Y/n didn't reply. Instead, she simply made a noise that sounded like she said it back. No more words were shared. All Mason had done was say he'd see her later and then fled out the door to training and when he got home, it didn't get any better.

Y/n was putting away the shopping into the cupboards. Now usually, Mason would come and suffocate her with kisses and offer to help so they could sit together and watch the TV, but instead, he dropped his bag at the door, looked in to say a quick hello and then went upstairs to his games room. Y/n held back frustrated tears. What did she do to deserve this treatment from her boyfriend?

For the rest of her evening, she sat reading. Y/n usually didn't have time to read but given the recent circumstances, why shouldn't she? She heard the occasional laugh from upstairs from Mason, to which she paid no attention to. She had gone about half through her book when she heard Mason come down the stairs. When she looked up, she saw him in his hoodie and sweatpants, looking around bewildered. She opened her mouth to ask him what was wrong, but thought better and went back to reading. Mason walked around, checking through the drawers in the living room before he turned to Y/n, scratching the back of his head. "Erm, babe? Have you seen my spare controller? My other one is out of batteries." Nothing. He looked at her even more confused. "Y/n?" She didn't even look at him. He walked closer and knelt down beside her. "Babe? Are you alright?" He asked. She nodded and kept her poker face on but didn't bother looking at him.

"Oh come on, are we seriously doing this?!" Mason asked. She still remained silent and unphased. "Baby, please! I just need to know if you've seen my spare controller. The lads are waiting." Mason pleaded. Y/n shrugged her shoulders and flicked to the next page of her book. "Come on, I'll treat you if you tell me where it is." He offered in a sing-song tone. Still nothing, not even a smirk. "This is ridiculous. A fucking joke." Mason mumbled, standing up and walking off in a huff. He turned to see if she would react to the last remark but nothing. "Are you still caught up on last night?" Silence. "Y/n, babe. I'm sorry but you're being childish if you're ignoring me for wanting to be by myself." Y/n raised a brow, but didn't dare tear her eyes from her book. Gaslighting. Well played, Mount.

"Are we really not going to speak?" Y/n pulled a face and shook her head. "Fine. Be like that then!" He shouted, slamming the living room door behind him, making Y/n flinch. Her breath quickened. He was beyond mad with her. Was this the end for them? Could it even be salvaged at this stage? Before she could ask herself anymore questions, the door opened again and in walked Mason. "I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry, baby. I'll never do that again." Mason apologised repeatedly, quickly pacing over to the couch and lying ontop of her and hugging her. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry-" He said over and over. "It's okay, it's okay-" She repeated back. "No, I'll never do it again. I swear to you, I'll never do it again. I don't like it happening to me."

Y/n lifted his face up to look at her. He was lost in her eyes. "I promise I am sorry. I just can't take you not talking to me." He whispered. "Still need your control?" She asked, running her fingers through his hair. Mason shook his head and nuzzled his head into her chest. "I'm not leaving here. I missed it too much." Y/n let out a content sigh and reached for the control, switching over to the Champion's League and watching the match contently together.