Pablo Gavi (FCBarcelona) - Sorpresa

Requested: on wattpad
Prompts: 20) "Prettyboy"
26) "Sombodies excited."
Warnings: nope

Long distance relationships are difficult to work out and a lot of couples know that. However, the youngsters Y/n and Pablo were new to this and so, found it difficult to cope. While Pablo lived any teenagers dream of playing for his favourite club, his girlfriend Y/n was in an entirely different country studying for her first university exams at Christmas.

Gavi awoke to the sound of people scurrying around the house excitedly and exclaiming "Feliz Navidad" and "Despertar! Es Navidad!". He groaned as his mother walked into the room, letting in the light from the hallway in. "Pablo, despertarte. Ahora." He opened his eyes with a lazy smile and sat up. By the time he could say good morning, she was gone. He sighed and hopped out of bed, before following his family downstairs. They entered the living room together and sat amongst the many gifts left the night before. Pablo smiled and looked around at everything neatly wrapped with bows and wrapping paper. "Pablo." He looked up to see his mother holding a box.

"Hay un regalo que queremos que abras primero." (There is a gift we want you to open first) Pablo looked confused at his mother. "Que?" He asked. His mother presented him with a box, carefully wrapped with a yellow ribbon and a note attached. He opened the note and smiled, recognising the handwriting.

Feliz Navidad Gavira,
My flight was delayed but I'm here now
Never flying with Vueling again!

He looked up, his facial features frozen. The family laughed with their phones recording as he looked around confused. "Donde- where is- is this a joke? Where- Where is-" He turned his head completely around and looked up to see his girlfriend with a smile plastered on her face."Hello prettyboy." She giggled. "Oh my god!" He screamed,hopping up and practically tackling her into a hug. "Someone is excited, Gavira!" She laughed, hugging him back. Pablo couldn't speak, he simply held her close, as if it were the last time he would ever hold her again. "I've- ah- I cannot believe- you're here, bebe!"

"Yes! Wouldn't miss it for the world!" She exclaimed. Before she could form another word, she felt kisses being peppered around her face from her dearest Gavira. "Stop! Your parents-"

"You're right! You're right!" He turned around, his hand up apologetically. "Lo siento a todos!" They continued to laugh, before Pablo's mother suggested that they all sat down and opened the gifts together, which everyone agreed to. Y/n sat next to Pablo, a wide smile on her face as she lived in the moment.

Y/n felt her hand being squeezed. She looked over to her boyfriend and leaned her head onto his shoulder. "I love you." He whispered, almost silently. "I love you right back, Gavira."