Chapter 5

How To Eat An Elephant.

A Flashback On The Day, Jerry Was Murdered.
Mukuna Has The Body Of Jerry Which Has Been Covered In A Black Plastic Bag And Loaded On The Track.
He Begins To Drive To The Location Where He Will Offload The Body.
Upon His Arrival, He Offloads The Body And Throws It Into The Small Pond And When He Enters His Car, He Finds Someone That He Wasn’t Bargaining On Meeting, Nkosi Dlamini And He Tells Him That.

Nkosi Dlamini : (Holding A Gun Towards Mukuna) I Had A Gunshot And Decided To Follow Up On The Sound, And It Turns Out To Be An Important Sound, (He Chuckles As Mukuna Slowly Swallows The Saliva In His Mouth) Now You Enter And Tell Me Everything.... Or Else I Will Blow Your Brains All Over... This Place And Nothing Will Happen To Me..... (He Puts On A Weird Smile As He Forces Mukuna To Enter And Driver Off)

Chapter 5.
Earlier On, In A Office Filled With Documents, That Are Perfectly Placed In Their Corners, Detective Nkosana Sits With The Station Commander, Who Is In Her Mid 50s (Mrs Dineo Mogale) And A Young Man Named Mulalo Mulaudzi, Who Is The Man Behind The Heist Case.
Dineo Mogale : I Personally Think That You Are Missing The Point Here, The Heist And The Murder Of That Man Can’t Be Connected, I Mean For All We Know, The Man Could Have Been Killed By Some Mashonisa (A Loaner) Out There.
Nkosana : But What About The Bullets In Front Of You, Surely They Is A Way That These Two Cases Are Connected (He Turns To Mulalo) Please Back Me Up Here.
Mulalo : (He Clears His Throat As He Turns To Dineo) Madam I Think That He May Have A Point, Earlier On... Our Team Found Out That This Bullets Found On The Heist Scene Were Bought At The Same Shop Located Somewhere In Pretoria And They’re Apparently Sold Only At That Shop, Since They’re Custom Made.
Dineo : (She Let’s Out A Sigh) Fine... Before You All Bite Me Here.. You Are Free To Join Both Cases Into One But I Must Warn You Though, If This Is True, Then These People That You Are Dealing With Are Not To Be Played With, I Don’t Need More Funerals Okay.
She Looks At Them With Her Eyes Wide Open As If She Is Trying To Scare Them Off Or Something, Making Nkosana To Share Looks With Mulalo That Speak Of Courage.
Later On After The Tears That Escaped Through Hector And His Siblings Eyes, He Sits In The Living Room With His Father’s Photo In His Right Hand And His Small “Nokia” Phone In His Left Hand As He Stares In The Open Space With Dried Tears On His Face And Also The Bible On His Laps As He Hums To A Song That Like.
“Jehovah Is Your Name.... Jehovah Is Your Name”

As He Continues To Hum, Zimele Then Enters The Living Room And Stands At The Door, When He Looks At Hector, Staring Into Nothing And Also Humming.
He Looks At Him With So Much Pain, He Let’s Out A Sigh And Immediately Hector Looks At Him And Tells Him That.

Zimele : Sorry For Disturbing You..

Hector : No Problem.... Sorry I’m Just Not In The Good Space Of Mind, Right Now... I Just Want To (He Slowly Turns To The Television That Was Switched Off) To Feel Him, I Want...(Tears Start Streaming) I Want To Feel His Last Smile.

Zimele : (He Quickly Moves To Him And Kneels In Front Of Him) No Need To Be Sorry Ma, I Truly Understand You...(He Let’s Out A Deep Sigh) I Am Here... (He Holds His Cheek, Wiping Away The Tear) No Need To Cry.

Hector : (He Tries To Wipe Away The Tears) How Do I Continue To Live In This World That Has Full Of Thorns, My Father Was Our Everything... Despite The Fact That He Had Lost The Money He Got From His Family Land, That Did Not Stop Him From Providing For His Family, Now That He Is Gone...I Will Need To Step Up But With What... With What Will I Step Up With, My Mother Is Alcoholic And My Siblings Are Still Young Not To Mention My Older Sister That Hates Me For No Reason... I Am All Alone In This Broken World, No One Loves Me... Even My Own Mother Calls Me Useless.

Zimele : Look Here, I Will Personally Take Care Of You, I Have More Than Enough (He Let’s Out A Deep Sigh) And You Are Not Alone, You Have Some “Very Overprotective Siblings” That Will Do Anything For You.

Hector : (He Wipes Away His Tears With A Smile) Why Are You Doing This, Why Do You Try To Impress Me, Why Do You Show Me Love And Affection, I Am Only A Boy That Has Nothing To Offer You.

Zimele : (He Smiles Showing His Dimples) You Are Wrong, You Offer Me Love And Affection.. Too.

Hector : How? What Do You Mean.

Zimele : When You Call My Name, I Feel Like It’s An “Heavenly” Angel And Angels Usually Bring Love Don’t They (He Stares Deep Into Hector’s Brown Eyes), And When You Cook And Fed Me Like A King, You Arouse Something In Me, Something That Was Long Dead....

Hector : What Is It That I Arouse?

Zimele : Love... And Also The Feeling To Call You Ma, You May Not Believe It Now But I Assure You That In Less Than A Year... If Not A Year Itself, You Will Be Mine.... You Are Destined For Me.... You Are Meant For Me...Ma.

Hector : (Hector Blushes) Please Don’t Start... I Am Not In The Mood To Laugh And Besides I Am Yet To Give You Something (He Stands Up And Slowly Goes To Kitchen, And Comes Back With A Lunch Box) Here Take This, I Prepared It While Serving The Food And Besides You Never Finished Your Food, You Were Busy Telling Jokes.

Zimele : (He Smiles As He Takes The Lunch Box) Thank You Ma... You Are Going Through A Tough Time But You Still Remember To Give Me Food...Where You Have Been My Entire Life?

Hector : (Hector Smiles) I Have Been Around (Zimele Looks Down On The Lunch Box In His Hand) Now I Am Sorry But I Need To Start Cleaning Up... I Need To Clear The Living Room To Make Some Space.

Zimele : No...

Hector : (He Looks At Him Confused) What Do You Mean No.. I Need To Clean.

Zimele : Let Me Do It Ma, I Will Clear Up Everything For You Ma... You Just Sit Down (He Takes Hector’s Hand And Makes Him Sit On The Chair) Now Direct Me... Ma... I Am Ready.

Hector Smiles And Begins To Direct Him, On Where To Put The Chairs And Everything And During The Whole Process, One Can See That Zimele Is Making Hector Blush And Sometimes Burst With Laughter, And Before You Know It, The Whole Place Has Been Cleared Up, With Hector’s Siblings Now Sleeping On The Mattress In The Living Room.

Meanwhile Sunday Morning Opens Up In The City Of Johannesburg And People Begin Getting Into Taxis, As Some Try Their Best To Get To Work And Others Church.

Detective Nkosana’s Car Arrives At A Local Street Near That Weird Place Usually Called The Marabastad, He Enters And Meets With The Store Owner Called Mr Alex Morgan By First Showing The Warrant In His Hand And He Asks Him That.

Detective Nkosana : (They Sit Down In Alex’s Office As He Shows Him Two Pictures Of The Bullets Found At The Heist And In Jerry’s Body) After Conducting A Thorough Research On The Matter, We Have Found Out That You Are The Only One That Customises This Bullets, So Tell Me... Did Anyone Ask You To Customise For Him Or Her, Bullets.

Mr Alex : (He Let’s Out A Sharp Sigh) Well I Recently Received A Huge Order From This Person About Two To Three Days Ago, They Was No Name Or Anything Except This Black Card (He Brings Out A Card From His Drawer) I Was Told To Drop The Bullets And Some Guns At That Specified Location Which Was In Joburg And Collect The Money Next To It.

Detective Nkosana : So Are You Trying To Tell Me That They Did Not Call You Or Anything.

Mr Alex : Well They Did Call Me But It Was A Private Number.

Detective Nkosana : Could You Make Out The Voice, Whether Male Or Female?

Mr Alex : It Was A Male’s Voice, But I Also Heard Something Else.

Detective Nkosana : Something Like What.. Can You Remember What It Was Like Or What It Was Saying?

Mr Alex : It Was As If They Were In A Taxi Rank Because Of The Taxi Horns And It Was Calling Out A Name.... The Name Was Zi... Zi... Zimele Dlamini...Yes.. I Can Still Remember It, Perfectly... Zimele Dlamini.

Detective Nkosana : Are You Sure, You Do Know That With The Search Warrant, I Can Access Your Caller History.

Mr Alex : I Am Pretty Sure, Why Would I Lie And Also... You Are Free To Access My Caller History.

Immediately Detective Nkosana Comes Out Calling Mulalo, Telling Him To Gather The Team And Search Any Zimele Dlamini With In Johannesburg.

As He Drives Off, Mr Alex Dials A Number And Begins To Call It, Someone Picks Up And It’s None Than Nkosi Dlamini And Alex Tells Him That.

Mr Alex : I Have Already Done What You Asked Of Me, Now Can You Let My Nephew Go... Please Let Him Go.

Nkosi : (He Smiles Showing Off His Dimples) Mr Alex Morgan, I Know You Did It And I Perfectly Know That You Have Done Exceedingly Well But (He Moves Towards A Man And Removes The Sackcloth On His Head, Revealing Mr Eden “The Man From The Lab) I Will Not Let Him Go, Until Zimele Is In Jail... So Now Continue Playing Your Part, Like I Am Playing My Own Part...

Mr Alex : But That Wasn’t Part Of The Plan, You Said That I Should....(Nkosi Cuts Him In Sentence)

Nkosi : Look Here Plans Do Change And Sometimes For The Better And Sometimes For The Worse But All That Matters Is That The “Better” Must Always Happen To Win, And That Never Happens.
So Do What I Said You Should Do Or Else You Will Be Burying Your Own Nephew.

He Slowly Cuts The Call And Turns To His Back And Comes Face To Face With Mulalo And A Much Older Man Named Bukhosi Hlophe (Owner Of Hlophe Taxi Association).
He Looks And Them, And Tells Them That.

Nkosi : It’s Done... That Incompetent Detective Took The Bait.

Mulalo : He Just Made His Call Now, I Will Make Sure That All Evidence Points To Zimele Dlamini And Finally Get Our Revenge Or Isn’t That Right Uncle .

Bukhosi : Very Well, I May Have Not Taken My Revenge On What Your Father Did To My Taxis And The Commuters But I Am Willing To Take The Risk Now... Dlamini Will Pay For Messing Up With My Taxis.

Mulalo : (He Looks At Nkosi) And What About Jerry Masilo... You Said You Knew More About Him Than What You Gave Us And Besides We Need More Than Just Bullets, We Need More Information.

Nkosi : (He Puts On A Deceptive Smile) Don’t Worry, I Will Give It All To You (Mulalo Turns To Bab’Hlophe And He Nods In Agreement As He Carefully Puts On The Voice Recording Using A Small Machine)