Chapter 28

It’s been three weeks and we are almost towards the end of October and Hector has been settling in very well and that comes with a fact that Zimele had purchased a new house in the exclusive Houghton estate and it’s a five bedroom house that was specifically selected by Harriet and Zimele, who surprised Hector on the second day of his return from Limpopo.
Zimele sleeps in one room, whilst Hector and Harriet both sleep in separate rooms with their children, the remaining two rooms are for visitors and by visitors, I mean Prince and Nathi.

Zimele and his brothers, are still quiet and this is making Hector very angry, that he wishes that he could burn up, I mean how is he supposed to be called Mr Dlamini or Mr KaDikana, when his husband and his brothers are still silently dragging their feet in the dust, over this issue that is of great importance.

“You look distant... are you okay Ma,” Zimele says as he looks at Hector, with a concerned eye, whilst carrying his daughter and let’s not talk about how close they have become, Buhle is slowly stealing Zimele away from Hector, Harriet and Zithulele.
“I am not distant... I just have a lot of things on my mind and it’s a lot... I want to send both Morena and Prince to a boarding school in the Northern Cape, so it’s just stressing me and not forgetting our daughter,” he says with a smile as he slowly moves to the baby cot and tries to fix it.

“So you are telling me, that it's only that, that has your mind distanced... you have to be joking me,” he says slowly placing the baby in the baby cot, that Hector has fixed.
“Yes... and also including the fact that you and your brothers, don’t want me to be a part of this family... that’s why you don’t want to go to Nqamakwe,” he says as he places a pink blanket on her and slowly gives her kiss on her head.
He turns to look at Zimele and he is very quiet, like dead quiet.

“My brothers and I... have decided that we will be going there... in a week’s time, and you are most definitely coming with us,” he says making Hector shocked.
“And then, why am I being involved in this trip to Nqamakwe... they said you guys not me... and besides I don’t want to enter where am I not needed,” he says trying to bring himself out of whatever plan, that these 'dimpled’ men are trying to put him in.

“No... Hector... you are coming with us and that’s non negotiable... I can’t go to a place that is connected to me and my brothers including you and my daughter, without you... the centre of it all,” he says and immediately Hector, knows that this, this serious, he never calls him by name unless it’s a serious matter or angry.

“Even Harriet and...” he says.
“Everyone that has a child with us or is connected to us, through marriage of tradition and law... will be coming.... that means that only you and Harriet including the boys will be coming except Ziyanda and the rest,” he says.
“Why not Ziyanda... I understand everyone but why not her... she’s been with this family for years, way before,” he says.
“Well, she's not coming and that's because she is traveling to a place, where I and you... don’t know,” he says and slowly moves to place his hand on Hector’s waist, as he pulls him forward.

He has Started Again.

“But still... she must come... in fact all the women of this family... must come and I know that you don’t want but I plead with you to, speak to your brothers and let them come... even if they won’t go through with it but at least, it’s the thought that counts,” he says as he places his head on Zimele’s chest and slowly he breathes out heavily.

“Okay... I will speak to my brothers but you owe me... you owe me something and it’s very important that you fulfill it... because it’s your duty as my ‘husband/wife’ to fulfil it... I want your ‘chocolate’,” he says as Hector smiles, looking the other side, trying not to pay attention to the handsome face in front of him.

Phakade Lami (My Forever)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara