Chapter 48

I have always wondered, how my life was going to pan out, if I never ended up with Zimele and his clan of misfortune, covered with beautiful petals of love.
I mean... maybe just maybe, I was going to be in a normal family, where we have those two sister-in-laws that never talk to each other or those brothers that never want to meet at any family gathering. But out of all families in the world, God and the Masilo ancestors, decided to make me a sacrificial lamb and offer me to this family of murderers and deadly demons, sitting comfortably in human ‘dimpled’ form.
But not my beautiful children, not all of the children born in this family.
I love all seven of them – yes, I will always love and cherish my family’s first daughter.

But for now, I am in a police station and this detective is trying to play smart with me, he doesn’t know that I occasionally open my butt hole for a very smart criminal.
I look at his children’s pictures on the table and around, as I wait for him.
“I am sorry for that,” he says, as he enters but he doesn’t close the door.
“No... problem,” I say.
I know this bastard was calling my husband and his brothers, and you ask how I know... well I will tell you, when I attack him.
He goes for the laptops and phone on the desk and looks at me, with a smile.
“I will be taking this to the evidence room, please just wait for me here and I will be back,” he says to me.
I smile not because I am dumb but because I am waiting for my moment.
He is about to take his leave but stops, when he hears me... calling his unidentified name – yes, he is a Zimbabwean living in this country but on a South African name.
Don’t worry, about the details... I will tell you one day.
“Excuse Me, how do you my name,” he says.
I stand up and turn around to meet with his confused face... if you see him, you will think he is a South African and that’s because he knows Setswana and Zulu, like most of them.
“I know who you are but my focus is not there but on why he told you, to delete those videos and don’t ask me how I know, or else... I will be reporting you to your authorities and have Pravin Naidoo #TheFamousLawyer... send you and your family back to Zimbabwe... Bulawayo,” I say with a smile.
You should see his face, he is surprised and that’s why he is closing the door and coming to sit down, in his chair and I slowly take my own.

“Look, I am just doing my job... I am trying to protect your husband and his brothers, from the mess that they created... so please don’t attack me,” he says.
“How do you protect someone that occasionally throws themselves into fire, for example... I mean I have tried but dismally failed... I brought a family back to their roots, only for them to turn out... worse than they were before... so maybe, just maybe... you can give me a tip, on how to protect someone from the mess that they created,” he says.
He looks down, see... what I mean... nobody can save these men... their unsaveable, if such a word exists.

“I see no word from you but thank you... I really appreciate your help, though I never wanted to find out, like this, that my husband and his brothers, are still monsters and thieves... and that my own daughter was killed by someone close to me,” I say.
But with that last sentence ‘close to me’... I remember what Zithulele told me.

He said that : I saw Buhle’s eyes in a village pot somewhere and the person that has those eyes, is... connected to us.
And secondly I remember, what Zithulele said to me, about Angelina... saying that her child was being kept away from her and the keeper will not rest, until that which he brought, was given unhappiness.
So according to ME, that would mean... that Bab’Khanyile is the keeper of the child and the person behind Buhle’s blindness but even it’s the truth, that wouldn’t warrant such a gruesome killing.
They were killed brutally, because they knew something that she didn’t want anyone to hear or find out.

“Hello...,” the man says, waving his left hand, near my face.
He is trying to bring me back from the ‘zone out’ land.

“I am sorry, and please pardon me but I need to be somewhere...,” I say and immediately stand up.
I need to be out of here.
He tries to stop me but I am out of here.
I immediately take my leave but not before giving one last look to the laptop and phone, on the desk... I know they will be here, any time soon, that’s how they keep track of me... one would swear and say that I gave birth to them.
Nomashenge knew her ‘sweet children' but I know the 'monster men' that they became.