Chapter 18

You See, Nothing Hurts More Than Betrayal And Secrets... Yet Nothing Brings So Much Joy And Satisfaction Like Settling Old Scores”.

The Air Within The Living Room Has Not Only Dissolved Into Something, That Is Beyond Explanation But One Can See The Determination And Satisfaction In MmeMoichela’s Eyes As She Faces Bab’Dlamini, Who Is Trying His Best To Keep His Face Down.
Whilst His Sons, All Look At Each In Fear With Hector Trying His Best To Understand What Is Happening Right In Front Of Him.

MmeMoichela : (She Moves Closer To Him, And Looks At Him With A Fake Smile, Before Telling Him That) You Thought That You Were Going To Steal And Hide Forever... One Day For The Thief And The Other One For The Owner, That’s What Nigerians Say...

Bab’Dlamini : I Can Explain Everything... Yvonne...

MmeMoichela : Oh Just Shut Up!!!!... (She Shouts So Loud That She Could Possibly Lose Her Voice) Do You Know What You Did To My Family... Do You Know What You Did To My Husband... Do You Know That You Broke My Home And Destroyed My Family, When You Stole From My Husband... Rendering Him Poor And Leaving Him In A Huge Pot Hole For Years... With His Own Family...

Hector : (He Steps Forward, From Where He Was Hiding Behind Zimele, And Asks His Mother) Mama... What Do You Mean By That... What Did He Steal...

MmeMoichela : (She Looks At Him With So Much Anger That She Could Easily Even Strangle Him) This Useless Man Over Here, Is The Person That Stole From Your Father... This Is The Same Person That My Husband Helped To Get Where He Is...

Hector : This Can’t Be True (Immediately Tears Start Streaming Down, As He Turns To Zimele, Who Is Standing Right In Front Of His Siblings, At A Respectable Distance) Is This True... Did You Guys Know About This... Tell Me!!!

Bab’Dlamini : My Sons Know Nothing (Hector’s Focus Moves From Zimele And His Brothers, And Now To Bab’Dlamini)... Your Husband... Made A Deal With Me... Unfortunately The Deal Didn’t Go Well... Which Led Him To Become The Useless Man That He Was... (MmeMoichela Tries To Slap Him But He Quickly Stops It, With His Hand And Tells Her That) I Never Hit Women... But If You Want To Be Beaten... I Will Gladly Do It...

MmeMoichela’s Hand Goes Down, Whilst Hector Slowly Moves To The Spare Room With Zimele Behind Him, Trying To Tell Him Something That Has Become Inaudible To His Ears As He Slowly Moves To The Spare Room.
He Opens It With A Fake Smile And Tells The Boys That, He Wants Some Alone Time And It Would Be Great, If They Would Join Their Grandfather And Uncles Including Father In The Living Room.
The Boys Refuse To Go, Leaving Hector With No Choice But To Remain With Them Inside In The Room, Whilst Locking Zimele Outside And As For MmeMoichela In The Living Room, She Tells Bab’Dlamini Before Leaving For The Kitchen That.

MmeMoichela : You Can Run But You Can Never Hide... You Can Steal But You Will Never Live To Enjoy... I Swear... Your Downfall Is Coming...

She Quickly Moves For The Kitchen, Whilst Bab’Dlamini Remaining Looking At His Sons, Who Are Standing Opposite Him, Separated By A Sofa.
In The Room, Hector Slowly Carries His Two Boys And Begins To Cry, Nonstop With Nathi And Prince Slowly Wiping Away His Tears As He Thinks To Him That.

“I Should Have Never Gone To Work On That Day, I Should Have Never Accepted Him... Because The Pain... This Pain Is Not Usually... It’s Poisonous... His Love For Me Is Poisonous... How Can I Love The Man And Be With Him, And His Family Forever, How Can The Man That My Father Loved Be This Evil And So Self-centred...”

It’s Been Over Four Days And Sadness, With Pain Is Clearly Written On The Faces Of Mabutho And His Sons (Nathi And Prince), Who Keep On Poking Into Their Meals.
He Tries To Cheer Them Up But Their Not Buying The Stories, Instead To Them, They Prefer A Fairy-tale Being Told By Their Mother.