Chapter 23 (Betrayal Of The Highest Order)

Chapter 23

The air and the darkness within the car, is not only scaring Hector but sending him to his deathbed because as it hits him in the head that he might not survive, he begins to think or rather assume the worst and that is that, he could die by the hands of these men that he can't even hear the language that their speaking or die of suffocation in this new car 🚗 that Zimele had bought in the middle of the year, possibly around June as a present 🎁 for him and obviously Harriet, but she never uses it.
Thoughts begin to flood his small head, as he thinks about the day he was lying in the hospital bed after he fell to the ground in the hospital corridors due to the stress that he was having as those were not his unusual cramps that came with the menstrual cycle but the was caused by stress.
He woke up to find Zimele asleep but with those dark circles around his eyes, it was as if he had been crying for hours.
He turned to his left side and found the brothers all surrounding him, excluding the boys and Harriet, they were never able to bury their mother according to what Hector was told by Zimele but now they're going to bury him, a whole Hector, someone that has grown to become so precious to them and their huge ever growing family.

They have been driving for over 45 minutes now and for Hector it's getting hotter and hotter as the air within this small vehicle becomes congested, and what's even worse he is lying in a very position.
They're very loud but not loud like Zimele and his brothers or like Nathi but these ones are West African loud, and as they move through the highway, they immediately stop the car making a screeching sound.
In front of them seems like a roadblock and they're are four different taxis and as the door opens, Zimele and his brothers all step out with sticks and others with guns and you know for sure that today it's going to end in tears coming out of the visionary organ.
Those men immediately grab hold of their guns and begin firing shots at them, as they take cover, one moves to where they kept Hector in boot and immediately drags him out whilst pointing the gun on his head and he moves forward with tears, whilst begging the man to spare his life, shame poor Hector.
The brothers immediately stop everyone, when they see him stepping forward and that's when Zimele steps forward with his hands in the air and he is shirtless with only a vest, handsome overload.
"Please.... don't hurt him... you can take the car and everything inside but don't hurt him... he is important to me and my family", he says whilst looking at Hector, who is breathing heavily.

"Don't try that with me.... abeg my broda... listen and listen very well... we go enter for this motor and we will leave, if you dare to follow us... I swear this idiot will die", he says with his Nigerian tone, I said that these men, most especially this one speaking is from West Africa.
Zimele slowly nods and as Hector looks around the area, it seems like everything has stopped as everyone is looking at them but something that Hector has failed to notice is that his belly is showing and now people are taking pictures with their small Motorola phones and others with cameras, whilst others are calling the police, forcing him to cry with his colourful bead slowly shaking and that's when at that very point, Mukuna fires a long shot that hits the man in the head.
The man falls to the ground and Immediately Nkosi and his gang run to the other men, and to say that they will get the beating of their life is an understatement, they will be torn apart.
Hector is in shock as he throws himself into Zimele's arms and as he cries and tries to hide his belly, whilst the kidnappers get the serious beatings of their lives.
Within no minute, the police immediately surround the area and let's not talk about the ambulance vans that have just arrived, it was as if this was planned somehow and before you know it, some police officers all step out and slowly move towards them, telling them to surrender and dispose of their weapons before it's too late.
Zimele and Nganono try to explain to the police officer that is carrying his gun, that is fixed at them, that they need to take Hector to the hospital but he on the other hand, will not have that, most especially now that Hector is throwing up and they were instigating violence and also blocking the road, like who gave these men the right.
He calls the paramedics to assist Hector but tells Zimele and Nganono to stay where they are and they place Hector on the bed, and move with him into the ambulance van.
They immediately inject him and place a mask on his mouth to help him breathe, and slowly but surely his eyes immediately close.