CHAPTER 6

Death Is Nothing But An Unwanted Visitor In Our Lives And When An Unwanted Visitor Strolls In Our Lives, We Tend To Make Sure That They Do Not Feel Welcomed, So That They Do Not Come Back Again.
We Do Our Utmost Best To Make Sure That Death, Doesn’t See Our Doorstep Again.
That’s Why Whatever Pain, Torture And Distress That We Received When It Was With Us, We Lock It All Away And Throw The Key, When It’s Gone But What Happens If The Key Is Found And It’s Ready To Unlock That Pain Once Again, So That You May Deal With It Once And For All.

Chapter  6.

It’s Been Three Painful Days For Hector As He Has Had To Deal With His Step Sister And Mother That Will Do Anything To Deprive Him Of Happiness Or The Ability To Mourn For His Beloved Father In Peace.
Now The Day To Lay His Father To Rest Has Arrived And He Can’t Stop Crying As He Sits Besides His Father Coffin In The Black Van, Making Their Way To The Cemetery.
Upon Their Arrival At The Cemetery, The Pastor Begins The Sermon And His Preaching Is As Usual, “Fix Your Relationship With God Because You Do Not When He Will Take You Too”.

Everyone Including Some Of Hector’s Workmates Like Kgomotso, Yes That One With A Cheap Wig From Mabarastad Are Consoling Hector’s Siblings, Whilst Hector On The Other Hand Is Trying So Much To Hide The Pain And Torture That His Heart Is Currently Going Through.
Meanwhile Hector’s Mother And Sister Are Just Sitting Silently Without Caring About Anyone And When I Tell You Anyone, I Mean Everyone, They Only Care About Themselves Those Two.

When The Pastor Completes His Beautiful Yet Prolonged Sermon, He Calls For Hector As The First Son Of The Family And Marriage, To Come And Say A Few Words About His Father, As They Lower His Coffin.
He Stands Up And Slowly But At A Fast Pace Moves To The Burial Spot, He Stands On The Left Side Of The Coffin And As He Is About To Start Saying Something With Already Fresh Tears In His Eyes As His Father’s Coffin Is Being Lowered, His Mother Stands Up And Tells Him In A Loud Voice That.

MmeMoichela : Stop This Nonsense!! This Minute Before I Lose My Mind.. (Hector Looks At Her In Confusion And Looks Around At People Who Are Equally Confused, MmeMoichela Then Makes Her Way To Him And Says That) You Will Never Say Anything At This Burial Grounds About My Husband, When His Son That I Gave Birth Too, Is Still Alive.

Hector : (He Quickly Wipes Away His Tears And Looks At Her With Confusion, Asking Her That) What Is The Meaning Of This Mama?.... What Are You Trying To Say... That I Am Not....(She Quickly Cuts Him In His Sentence).

MmeMoichela : You Are His Son But Not Mine (Hector Immediately Looks Down In Shock And Embarrassment) You Were Born Out Of Wedlock And Like The Pastor Said, I Quote... “First Son Of The Family And Marriage” (Hector Slowly Shakes His Head In Disagreement) Don’t Shake Your Head.... Morena Should Be Here... Not You.... If My Daughter Can’t Say Anything Then You Will Not Say Anything, After All You Were Never My Son...

Hector Looks At His Siblings And They Look At Him With Confusion, Tears Quickly Make Their Way Through His Eyes And That’s When His Step Sister Who Was Standing Behind MmeMoichela Slowly Moves Near Him And Tells Him That.

Phuti : I.... (She Chuckles) Personally Think That You Should Follow Your Useless Father Or Don’t You Think So Too (She Quickly Pushes Him Into Burial Spot Where The Coffin Has Already Been Lowered, Shocking Everyone At The Burial Grounds, Including Some Of His Schoolmates And Teachers).

A Few Hours Before The Whole Drama That Took Place At The Funeral, Detective Nkosana Enters The Station Commander’s Office, Right Behind Her Along With Mulalo Mulaudzi.

Detective Nkosana : Ma’am I Personally Think That We Have Done A Huge Mistake Releasing That Young Man On Bail....He Was Supposed To Remain In Custody.

Mulalo Mulaudzi : Ma’am, Detective Nkosana Is Perfectly Correct In His Statement... He Is Telling The Truth.... We Have To Challenge The Bail At All Cost.