Chapter 54 (Zimkhita)

It’s been three WEEKS, since Hector dropped that sentence of ‘I have a confession to make’ and he has said nothing to me.
I hate having half baked conversations and not finishing them... just imagine and it was when I was planning to do this other style that I saw from one porn star on Onlyfans... don’t blame me... I had to release my sperms elsewhere and not in a woman’s pussy or a man’s bussy.
I enter with a tray of breakfast... and I meet him with dozens of documents on the table, in our second dining room... which is more cleaner and quieter.
I place the tray and he looks at it, with judging look, of course... he is supposed to judge the meal... it’s only bread and some butter with ‘empty’ tea.
I mean he didn’t teach me, how to cook and need I mention, that MaDlamini was laughing at me, the whole time... whilst making this ‘over-simple’ meal.

“I don’t want that... Zimele... just get for me, some bananas and apples,” he says, looking back to that laptop and those documents that have overtaken my space in his life... like am I not that important anymore.
I go back to the kitchen and there she is, she’s laughing at me.
“Mama, please don’t be like that... I am trying here,” I say and immediately she puts on a serious face but you know that face... it’s as if she wants to burst out with laughter.
I move to place the tray on the kitchen counter and she looks at me, with a smile.
“You should learn to adjust... it’s time for you to understand that it’s going to be like this, for a while,” she says it with a mischievous smile.
I just smile with my dimples, because I don’t know what this woman is saying.

-------------------

I know that I left my husband on cliff-hanger with that sentence of ‘I have a confession to make’ and now I can’t even breathe in the same space with him.
I am trying so hard to get out the image of Tarcise on top of me and I can’t believe that I allowed that.
I was supposed to be the strong person around here but no... I went and spread my legs for a Congolese man.
Speaking of the Congolese man, he has been bothering me for weeks and I even went as far as blocking his number but no... this bastard won’t let me breathe.
How are you gonna sleep with someone’s husband and still keep disturbing him like it was a normal thing to do?
He kept saying he wanted to know if I’m okay and that I should know that I always have a choice.
Seriously, does he think I’m going to leave my husband for him? I don’t even love him. It just happened that he found me in a moment of weakness.
Now he thinks he can have his Congolese claws all over me?

Production has began on House Of Masilo and I must say that I am proud of myself... finally my children will remember me on something that has great importance in my life.
They will be three 'huge' warehouses scattered around the country... in Cape Town, Johannesburg and Mpumlanga.... so they will be a lot of job opportunities made for the South African youth.
I don’t want to have the same thing that happened at the Dlamini KaDikana empire... to happen at House Of Masilo... imagine they found out that the HR was hiring old people and illegal immigrants to work in the company... giving them opportunity to exploit them.

It’s a huge warehouse in the heart of Johannesburg and that’s not Sandton but around Germiston... anyways I make myself busy whilst everyone works around the renovation... because I want this one to finish and then I move to the other two... I want everything regarding the renovations and the building to be done before the end of May... because I want to have a peaceful time, whilst removing this womb.

I make myself busy and then see what strolls in, to disturb my peace.
Yes, you guessed it right... it’s my husband and Zithulele.
I feel dirty and treachery... I mean how can I cheat on my own husband.
And right in Zithulele’s hand is a bucket of bananas and apples... just imagine, it’s what I need for my soul and body... right now 😊.
But not Zimele, I don’t want to see him.

“Ma... I brought exactly what is needed for you,” Zithulele says to me as he places the bucket on the table and I begin to pick the banana... it’s the first thing that I see.
He looks at me eating and I must say that this dimpled boy looks exactly like Nganono and he has that smile... I know that smile... it’s as if he knows something... I don’t know where Zimele is but I know wherever he is... he is trying to show himself as the husband of the boss.
Of course, he is the husband of the boss.

“So why are you smiling like that... thuthu,” I ask him... because those dimples are running deeper than a sink hole.
“It’s nothing... but I will leave it to time and beware...,” the smiley face is gone and he is now serious... I know that face
It’s him.
“It’s could possibly be the ending of the beginning... but fate shall decide it,” he says with a deep voice.
It’s only three seconds and he is back to the normal boy that was just smiling.
I feel bad that out of all the children in this family, why did Bab’Dlamini pick my child to torment.
But wait, what did he mean by... ‘it could possibly be the beginning of the end’ and that fate shall decide it.

It’s all too much and I can’t BREATHE anymore and what’s worse I feel like throwing up but nothing is coming out.
It as if the vomit is there but it won’t move.
I stand on my two feet, trying to seek my balance but nope... I can’t... my knees are weak... I land on the floor and as my eyes slowly shut... I see Zithulele running outside of the small cornered office screaming his father’s name.

-------------------

I have never been excited... only God knows how I wanted to hear this news... I mean it has been 9 years and this could be a huge turnaround for my family.
But I don’t know how Mawami will take the news of ‘being a mother again’... when he wakes up from his sleep in the hospital.
I have gotten notifications from my brothers and cousins... and they’re all happy including his own family... I mean this changes everything and I promise to be the best father to my little unborn child.
So no longer womb removal.

He wakes up.
“Hi, there... Mawami,” I say as he slowly opens his eyes.
Yoh, this man is so beautiful and it’s been years and I can’t still believe that he is still my husband... like I mean... what did I do to have someone so fortunate and so understanding like him.
He looks around, I think he is panicking.
“Don’t worry, you are in hospital and every thing is okay,” I say.
“But how did I end up here,” he says trying to sit up straight and I have to help him... despite the fact that he has developed an attitude... and this takes me back to the days of Hector Masilo..
Zithulele enters with a teddy bear and a milkshake.
He is smiling.
“What are you smiling again, wena Zithulele,” Hector says to him... and I can see the mischievous smile on Zithulele’s face... I will let him break the news.

“I can see my sister in your womb,” he says looking at Hector’s belly.
Okay, this is new... it’s a girl.
“And her name will be Zimkhita...,” he says and you should see Mawami’s face... it’s not good.
He is not happy.
“It’s Okay, don’t worry... I will support you and totally give you everything that you want... I have survived the first three weeks 😄... it’s only left about 8 months and one week,” I say with a smile.
I am pretty sure that my dimples can show and I think MaDlamini already knew and why couldn’t I read past that... ‘bananas and apples’... I remember he was obsessed with it, when he was pregnant with the twins.
He still doesn’t look happy and it’s worrying... but all I know is that I will make sure that what happened last time... doesn’t repeat itself.
I will be present, when my daughter is born... so he shouldn’t worry.

------------------

I don’t know about you guys but for me... it looks like Hector is pregnant but he doesn’t know the father of the children... could it be Tarcise or Zimele.
I would what is he going to do...

©All Rights Reserved By George Osumba
2023