Chapter 37

It’s May the 29th and Tomorrow is the wedding of the century, which is set to be hosted in Limpopo -- yes Hector finally got his way and that's why the Masilo homestead is on spotlight and the entire street is buzzing.
In his room, one can see his suit in the corner and oh my God it’s so beautiful, I mean you should have seen MmeMoichela and Aunt Gloria, when Hector came out of the room, it’s was as if an Angel had just descended from heaven.

He wanted the food to be handled by the catering people but no, Aunt Gloria and MmeMoichela including Uncle Daniel’s wife, wanted to show off and that’s why we have close to seven women, all squashed up in the kitchen and others in the living room, busy peeling potatoes and others pouring spices on and in the meat, and I can also see others in the backyard, with those big black pots burning on firewoods and other pots on the gas stove.

“I don’t know what to say but all I know... is that your mother and my way forward Aunt, will do anything to make sure that, everyone in this community... even the ones that they hate... partake in the cooking,” Hector’s cousin says as he drinks the glass of brandy, that was brought to him by Hector from Zimele, yes he personally sent a brandy for him and I am here wondering why this man doesn’t want to get drunk, it’s as if alcohol lives in his body.

“As long as their happy, doing what they want... then I have no problem... the only problem that I have... is with the family that I am getting married into... The famous Dlamini Dikana clan,” he says as he drinks his own glass of juice.

“What about them... I mean I know that they love tradition but they can’t be a problem for you... after all their wealthy and wealthy people can’t be a problem,” he says looking at Hector.

“I am serious my brother... that family is dangerous... mysterious things happen to them... they happen to us... I mean take the people that they marry for example... others end up in prison... others end up in hospitals with dead children and others get beaten up, whilst others capitalise on others pain,” he says as he lays his head on his cousin’s shoulder and slowly he pats him.

“Well my dear brother, you know fully well... that I am willing to do everything for you... if you feel like... this marriage is hard for you then my dear baby brother... LEAVE or else I will be crying on your grave site with a chicken bone in my mouth,” he says and immediately Hector puts on a smile for his cousin, because after all he knows how to crack a smile on his face, that’s how it has always been when they were young, they were so close and they used to share everything but unfortunately, things happened and now years later, Hector has a huge family depending on him and as for his cousin, he is busy increasing the Masilo dynasty, through ‘sexual activities' instead of wealth, the essence of 'blackness'.

“I wish they was a way but unfortunately... I am tied to that family... I'm tied to the love of my life... the moment I entered in that... that town and the yard, and the whole blood ritual thing... that moment made me feel like an important piece of that family... so I am stuck with them until the end... just do me a favour though... bring too much chicken meat to my funeral because you won’t get any with Aunt Gloria present,” he says.

His cousin only smiles but he doesn’t know or read deep into Hector’s words, and know the strong meaning that lies in Hector’s words because seriously speaking, after Angelina’s near death experience that made her lose her baby boy, they have all been on high alert.
I wonder what Harriet placed into that coffee but I am sure that whatever that she-devil placed, left no mercy on Angelina’s belly as up until now she is still not yet well but at least it’s better now as she’s even coming to the wedding.

The Door to Hector’s room quickly opens and immediately Angelina, Ziyanda and Lerato, all enter with bottles of champagne 🥂🍾 and I know for sure that today Hector will get drunk, whether he likes it or not.
Before it can get any awkward, Hector’s cousin quickly leaves the room and makes his way to hang out with his uncles and some of their close friends, outside in the yard.