Chapter 9

Chapter 9
Hector Wakes Up In This Very Cold Room That Has No Absolute Colour And Come To Think Of It, Everything In This Place Is Just Two Colours, Black And White, Like Always.
He Looks Around But He Can’t See Zimele Anywhere, He Looks At The Weird Clock On The Right-hand Side Of The Bed And It’s Still 1:00 am, And That Means That He Has Not Yet Gone To Work.

He Moves To The Living Room, Only To Find Zimele Sleeping On The Sofa With No Blanket, He Then Quickly Moves To The Room To Bring Him A Blanket And Covers Him, After Removing His Shoes.
He Then Moves To The Kitchen, Which Looks Very Empty As If No One Lives In This Place, They Is No Enough Pots Or Plates, Even Cooking Utensils.
The Kitchen Is Purely Empty, Like Empty And That’s When He Decides That He Will Rather Go To The Bathroom To Fetch Some Cleaning Materials But Upon His Arrival, He Finds Nothing Except A Cleaning Liquid And A Packet Of Hand Washing Powder.

He Let’s Out A Heavy Sigh And Decides That It’s Best If He Improvises And That’s When He Takes The Cleaning Liquid And The Washing Powder, And Within An Instant, He Begins Cleaning The Whole Place And One Must Truly Say That Cleaning Is Not A Gender Thing But A Habit That Should Be Born In All Of Us.
He Cleans The Entire Place, Making The Place Look So Beautiful And Thanks To The Cleaning Liquid That Was Able To At Least Kill The Smell Of The Washing Powder, The Place Is Smiling Like Heaven On Earth.

He Completes The Cleaning And Moves To The Kitchen Cupboards And Finds Nothing Except Some Bread And Tin Beans, Along With A Bottle Of Undiluted Juice.
He Quickly Takes Everything And Begins Making Zimele Lunch, After Making Zimele’s Lunch, He Then Places It On The Counter And Moves To The Room And Goes Back To Bed, But Not Before Checking The Clock And Seeing That The Time Is 02:40am.

Zimele Wakes Up Ten Minutes Later (02:50) And When He Opens His Eyes, He Finds The Entire Place Squeaky Clean.
It’s As If He Is In A New House And When He Moves To The Kitchen, He Finds His Lunch Waiting For Him With A Bottle Of Juice Near It, And That’s When He Knows That It Was Hector That Had Cleaned The House And Prepared His Lunch Using His (Hector) Own Juice Bottle That He Usually Uses For Work, For Him.

He Then Moves To The Bedroom And Stops At The Door, When He Finds Hector, Sound Asleep And As He Looks At Him With An Adorable Smile, And Great Affection, One Can Not Run Away From The Fact That They Is A Sign Of Sadness Behind His Glare.

Now Certain Rules Have Always Governed The  Dlamini Family And The Fact That They’re Also A Formidable Criminal Family, Those Rules Must Always Be Adhered To.
You See, The Dlaminis’ Boys Have Never Had It Well In Life, I Mean... Yes, Their Father Has Always Tried To Provide And Guide His Boys But Still They Was Something Missing In His Boys, Which Would Make One To Think That Maybe They Were Being Selfish Or Maybe They Were By Shaped The Very “Awful Experience” That They Faced When They Were Children.

They’re So Many Explanations, Like Many And For Each And Everyone Of These Young Men, They Was An Explanation, A Very Painful Explanation.

It’s In Mabutho’s House And Nganono Arrives With Zimele And They Enter In Their House Making Their Way To The Living Room.
They Make Themselves Comfortable As They Pour Some Whisky, It’s As If This Family Loves Whisky So Much And When They’re Elder Brother Comes In, They Immediately Greet Him With A Nod As They Sit Down In This Small Living Room That Looks Empty (Talk About Lack Of Warmth And Style In The Dlamini Home), Nganono Clears His Throat And Tells Him Them About The Mysterious Events That Took Place, Which Leaves Mabutho And Zimele Shocked, As They Did Not Know About It And When They Share Their Own Experience That Took Place With Hector, The Mood Quickly Changes As Nganono Tells Them That.

Nganono : But... Look Guys I Am Not Against This But If It Is Him, The One That Mum Promised Us And You (Points To Zimele).... Then It Won’t End Well..

Zimele : What Do You Mean By That?

Nganono : Isn’t He... The Son Of The Man That Ubaba Killed... (Immediately Zimele And Mabutho’s Facial Expression Changes) I Mean They Is No Way We Are Going To Break From This Free.... Or What Is It That Is Going To Happen When He Finds Out That Ubaba Killed His Father... Or Would The Great Bab’Dlamini Just Sit There And Watch You Marry Him Or Bring Him In.

Mabutho : (He Let’s Out A Sharp Sigh) But We Can Not Run Away From The Fact That... He Is Here... The One That We Were Promised... Okay... We Just Have To Protect Him... Most Importantly Guide Him Because This World... Our World Is Not Fair.

Nganono : (His Eyes Turn To Zimele) Okay... Are You Ready (Zimele Nods)... Fine But I Must Warn You... We Are Going To Have Thread Carefully.... Because If He Is The One.. Of Which You Two Have Believed So Easily.. Due To The Bead... Then A War Is Coming And It Isn’t Going To End Well...