Chapter 61 - House Of Masilo.

House Of Masilo – It’s The End Of Another And A Start Of Another Story.

“I can’t believe that all of this, is happening... I am so excited... three years in the making, it all feels surreal to me,” Hector says as he stands in front of the mirror and I must say that my friend looks very different now.
I mean I can’t see any sign of unhappiness or burning marks for me, despite the fact that it has been over two years since that incident, that almost claimed his life.
He looks handsome in that suit that was exclusively made for him, by Tarcise and speaking of him... well bakwentu, you guys will have to see him for yourselves.
All I can say is that Zimkitha must be proud of herself and beat her chest, saying that she has two fathers.

I am being honest that they is nothing on this earth that would make Hector not to be proud of himself and the hard work that he placed into building something for himself and his own legacy.
Though he knows that he can never be a Masilo anymore and that’s because his family will not accept Zimele and his clan of problems anymore.
You should have seen how they were treated at the funeral of Uncle Daniel and for me that, was a clear indication that these people don’t want them anymore.
They will no longer be those smiles and those family dinners that were indication of love and acceptance.
But anyways I hope that one day, they will come back and until then... I have to talk about how glamorously gorgeous this place looks and that’s because the catering team truly outdid themselves in terms of decorations and they even got Bonang Matheba to grace the House of Masilo launch as the MC and she couldn’t say no... after all this is 2019 and it’s the year of the Queen B.
But knowing Hector and the way, he loves Nigerian stuff, I wouldn’t be surprised if they have invited all of the Nigerian A-listers from the likes of Davido, who has been topping the charts with his latest songs called Money FALL you and ‘IF I tell you say I love you oh' or even the likes of television actresses called Genevieve Nnaji and Omotola jalade from the famous movie called Blood Sisters.
But honestly speaking... Hector’s drama with Nigerians or west Africans didn’t start today but it began with the Nigerian man that pushed him to enter into the taxi, whilst he was standing there, looking all deep in thoughts and I also remember how his voice nearly caused an earthquake in the taxi, when Zimele dropped Hector off at his workplace.

“At this point, you need to stop looking at me or else we are going to be late,” he says.
And that’s because Zimele keeps on looking at him, like can’t he just drive and by the way... he is 39 years old, this year and I must say nothing looks changed on him, apart from the grey hair forming on his head.
He still looks the same.

“And who said so,” he asks.
I don’t even know, why couldn’t they just take a driver.
“According to what I was told by the event planner, who happens to be my gorgeous cousin sister-in-law is that the red carpet has been opened and we have to be there in thirty minutes, because it’s only after us, that all family members, will be able to enter,” he says.
Leaving Zimele with a smile, that has formed on the corner of his mouth.
After a long silence.
He puts on the car’s stereo system and types something on the small screen, I don’t even know how... is he able to do this but whoa, considering his previous job as a taxi driver and then a robber.
I guess multitasking runs in their blood.
Anyways the music is on and I remember this song very well.
It’s that song that he played in the taxi on their first encounter in Bree Taxi Rank.
It sings like ‘Hey Rasta man... Hey you European, we gotta come together as one’... it’s that song by Lucky Dube.
The only thing that he can do now, is just smile... with the feeling of nostalgia in his bones.
This song was played on the day that Zimele dropped him, off at his side work and that was practically 11 years ago and now... almost 12 years later, he is being dropped at his own company’s launch, by the very same man that has become a best friend, a brother and a husband.
Talk about couple goals.

The dress code was simple but I bet you that people will be dressing as if their attending the South African Films and Television Awards.
I was right, when I said that you should except the likes of the ‘Najia people’ to grace the event and it looks big... after all millions and millions were pumped into this event.
It’s being hosted in the motherland of Sandton and that’s Sandhurst, and someone once told me that Sandhurst is actually the most wealthiest part of the country.
It’s even richer that Oriana...
They have arrived and it looks like a fancy hotel.
“Are you ready,” Zimele asks.
They look so cute and that’s despite the fact that they is a difference of more than 5 years between them.
“Let’s do this... Sir,” and immediately those dimples show and I bet you that their running deeper than a sinkhole.
The family signature.

As they step out, you should see everyone’s face and how the cameras start flashing.
Hector knew that they was going to be a big commotion but not like this... and what’s worse the cameramen and camerawomen, are not even ashamed of throwing their very old machines in their faces.
Zimele is already annoyed but he knows that he doesn’t have a choice, when Dlamini KaDikana Empire was launched years ago, they didn’t have the money that they have now and even if they had, then it wasn’t going to be spent in this way.
But anything to bring joy to the ‘man and women' that occasionally open the bodies and souls for them, to feed on... for the ‘man and women’ that love them for who they are and not for what they have.
I can’t say the same about Nganono and MaMzobe... yes, she is still around but with no baby.
I was told that she had a ‘miscarriage’... I don’t even like her and I pray that whatever it is... that happens in the future, doesn’t come to Nganono marrying MaMzobe... because that woman may be beautiful but her heart, resembles the devil’s own.
That’s all I can say, I don’t have a good feeling about her, just like Nathan’s wife.

“Mr Masilo Dlamini-KaDikana... I have a question here for you and I am from the Chains Magazine in Nigeria and I must say that I am your biggest fan to date,” this handsome young man says.
He seems ‘gay’.
Hector puts on a smile but not for Zimele, my dear friend doesn’t look interested, as long as his hand is around the waist of the one that he loves.
Everything is sorted out.
“What inspired you to do something like this... I mean you are married to a very wealthy family and you have everything at the tip of your fingers... so why enter the beverage industry,” he says.
“I wanted to honour my family... I wanted to honour the very existence of being a Masilo before I became a Dlamini... you are right that I married into a wealthy family but what they have is their sweat and not my own... House of Masilo is my sweat,” he says.
I like that part, when he said that ‘House Of Masilo’ is my sweat.
People, particularly ‘Africans’ should learn not to take credit, where it is not due.
I mean if you take credit of that, which doesn’t belong to you... then you are no different from the colonisers.

“So Mr Dlamini KaDikana... it’s not every time that we see the Dlamini KaDikana Clan out in their numbers, unless it is to support a family member and today... it’s none other than your own spouse... how do you feel,” he asks.
“I feel excited on his behalf and I am happy that he is creating something that will honour his legacy... because I know that whatever he touches flourishes, just look at me and my family... the evidence clearly lies there,” he says.
I can see that Hector is blushing.
“Thank You and have a great evening,” the young man says and immediately their taken to the other interviewer and this one looks unprepared for my liking but anyways... this is the last one and after that they can go inside.

“Good Evening Mr and Mr Dlamini KaDikana... I want to know who dressed you guys in this beautiful evening,” she says.
I tell you this one looks like it’s her first day on the job and judging by her outfit... I think she works for a fashion magazine.
“Good Evening to you... we were dressed by Tarcise,” Hector says and I am surprised that... ‘Tarcise’s name’ was mention but Zimele never flinched, he seemed normal.
So I guess that people can change, including Zimele... I can’t believer.

“Wow, that’s so good but currently speaking on the issue of the evening... we know the Dlamini KaDikana members are going to show up in their numbers but we haven’t seen your family, the real Masilos’... the people that you are trying to honour,” she says.
Hector wasn’t expecting this question now, and not in this place but left with no choice... he has to answer.
“Well, I can see that you have made a very good observation but you will have to come inside and see for yourself,” he says.
He wants this conversation to end.
“So how much is the cost of this event... all together,” she asks.
Mara this journalist has no shame in those eyes, that are standing out like marabastad oranges.
“You are done,” Zimele says and immediately takes Hector’s hand, leading him to the entrance of the room.
Where it has been decorated with red and purple... not forgetting Gold.

They enter inside, whilst on the outside... another up rise in the flashing of camera lights begins.
It’s Mabutho and he has his two sons... and they look drop dead gorgeous.
I mean they grew to become more than handsome and the way, their so tall and coloured... I announce unwanted pregnancies to anyone that dares to loo their way and I pray that they get beautiful souls that will love and understand them..
Prince is currently doing his first year at the University of Cape Town... and he looks good for a young man with Bipolar, I am not judging and as for Nathi... well, he is doing grade 10 in that school, where Morena and Prince matriculated from.
I know people are going to complain and say that Nathi is underage but with the way... he is so tall and mascular, you would swear that he is turning 25 and that time he is only seventeen... but regardless of anything, I can still see the reflection of his uncle Nkosi in him.
They all pose for the camera and that’s because unlike Zimele... Mabutho loves showing off and I feel like he feels like, he is the essence of money, power and control.
Sometimes I always forget that he was the one that sacrificed himself and his brothers in place of Hector.
Until to this day... that still remains a secret amongst the two brothers and their favourite cousin from emafarms.

Soon after... it’s Nkosi and Ziyanda... and they didn’t come with Xolani... he was forced to remain back with the other kids as his parents went off to grace the red carpet.
They come from a very far place and I pray that they stay together forever, because they understand each other very well and despite the fact that their own marriage is just like others... clean and stylish on the outside like their clothes but deadly on the inside.
I can only but hope that they stay together.
They have no absolute reason to separate, after all their now old, like super old.

It’s then Nganono with MaMzobe... and you should see the way that he is entering the red carpet.
It’s like he is on a mission to enter in the venue and just hide himself in the corner but will the woman in his arms, allow this opportunity to pass after all... it’s not everyday that you get to grace the red carpet that celebrities like Bonang, Davido and all... have already modelled on.
Showing their clothes and naming their designers.
After six or seven splashes from those funny machines, Nganono walks over... leaving her there and that’s when she runs after him.
He has changed but still bald, just like his brother Nkosi... they love being Zuma-ed.
Now that he is 42... yes, in 8 years from this very moment... he will be 50 years old.

Lastly but not least... it’s actually The Khozas and The Hlophes, who arrive in a limousine at the same time and I can see the number plate and it’s showing 'DD Property’.
After all their cousins, with The Dlamini KaDikana family.
I never knew that they now own a limousine and what makes it worse... is that how on earth would they hide this from me.
I thought I knew them but two years is a very long time and I am sure that they bought it, in those years.

“My dear brother-in-law you did it,” that’s Lerato and she’s giving him a huge gigantic hug and I think that’s it only me or what but I have never seen these men hug each other, unless one is crying and the other one needs to be comforting the crying one.
But back to Lerato, I don’t even know why she arrived late... she was practically the one that arranged and splashed money on this glorious event.
But I now know her type, they handle everything from the phone and when they arrive... they want to see fireworks display.
I always wonder of the day, when she will find out the truth regarding the whereabouts of her father and that she is a Masilo and the man that fathered her is dead.
Daniel Masilo is dead.

They all look beautiful in those night dresses and handsome in those tuxedos... and Hector can’t help but smile through the pain, that the only thing missing here is his family.
I know that they hate him for choosing a family that has a permanent job in placing him in situations and positions that he will never overlook or possibly recover from.
Some of these ‘situations and positions' have left him with painful marks and though I am glad that those burnt marks are no longer showing but still he wishes that they were here to support him in something that will bring honour to all of them.

“Is they a problem,” he says, placing his hand around his waist.
“Nope... they is absolutely, no problem at all... I just miss my daughter that’s all,” he knows that Hector is lying but he won’t ask.
And by the way, Tarcise is with Zimkitha... it his turn to baby sit and guess what he agreed.
Zimkitha is now 1 and some months, close to but she has a special and a unique bond with almost everyone in the family.
I always ask myself that what amount of advising, went into convincing Zimele, that he must allow Tarcise to babysit his daughter... the only daughter in the entire family.

“Look, I love you and I know that... you had expectations and you were hoping for them to be fulfilled... and they didn’t, but look now... you fulfilled another’s expectations,” he says, making Hector to look around.
He looks at the brothers and their wives... and he knows that 12 years ago and that’s a very long time ago.
This family only had four brothers, two young boys and one colourful troublemaker for a potential sister-in-law position.
And with that, a smile breaks on his face.
“You always know how to make me smile in such awkward places,” he says, beating Zimele on his chest with a soft slap.
“And that’s because our love started in an awkward place... it started in a taxi rank and now as I think to myself, why didn’t we opt for a taxi ranky theme... you know... we were supposed to have these people dress in the Joburg taxi attire,” he says.
You should see Hector’s face... it has that thing of ‘really now’.
“Calm down... we all can’t be as dumb as you are,” he says.
“But it’s this dumbness that makes you scream every night,”
Oh My God 🤣🤣, Zimele can never be serious or have a serious conversation without throwing a word here and there, about sex.

Hector is walking, leaving him with a bit of proudness on his face.
That in the midst of everything that happened between the two people over the years.
He can still make him smile and that’s not rare, in an awkward time.
Their table is in the middle and it’s the biggest, and currently the aim now... is for them to drink as little as possible.
Because if they can begin drinking those whiskey like the taxi offsprings that they are... then this place could become the MTN taxi rank.
Davido is currently performing his latest hit, from his latest album and Hector has been told that after this... He will be reading his speech.
I can still see his eyes, looking at the doorstep of the venue and I am sure that he is hoping that before he enters on that stage, his family members might just enter.
After all today is about the Masilo family.
They was already a table not far from them, created for the Masilo family but because their not here and they’re so many people.
Some even came seven on one invitation card... typical African, that table was given to them and that time, it can show that these people can clearly showed up to this event so that they can criticize the event and eat the food.

He is done.
The ever popular and gaming changing presenter is on stage.
My friends, it’s Bonang Matheba.
“Good Evening... My Dear Darlings,” she says... emphasis on the darling part.
“I am hoping that everyone is enjoying themselves in this beautiful evening courtesy of the Dlamini KaDikana family and the House Of Masilo... which is set to actually become the most biggest and largest beverage producer in the country and possibly the continent... here to officially break the news to you... is none other than the creator of it all... Hector Masilo Dlamini KaDikana,” she says and slowly Hector goes up the stage.
But he doesn’t go alone and that’s because he is being assisted to the stage by his husband.
He gives her a hug, whilst Zimele only offers his hand for her to shake.
As Hector stands there, and looks at the applauds and the excessive whistling that is coming from the Dlamini KaDikana table.
He only smiles and as the clapping slowly slows down.
He looks at Zimele, who slowly nods.
He then turns to face the audience and I must say that it’s truly packed for a alcohol launch.
“You will have to forgive and pardon me... speeches aren’t really my thing and if my English teacher from high school were around, she would most definitely agree,” he says.
You can hear some laughs in the audience, he wants to win them over.
“I remember when I was in talks to buy vineyards and all... most people thought that I was just looking for a hobby and all... but in all honesty, I was just a person that just wanted to create something that was going to honour the young Masilo man in me, for never giving up... when the going became tough or when all odds seemed to be against him... and that’s because I knew I was born as a Masilo for a reason... I had to suffer and work tremendously hard as a Masilo, so that when I met with these things in my marital home as a Dlamini KaDikana spouse, they weren’t going to be news to be... I had to sacrifice myself for the betterment of others, as a Masilo, so that I should not see it as a huge task, when I am married as a Dlamini KaDikana Spouse... to every one out there, to particularly those people that want to marry someone and later carry their surname... I want you to know if you are carrying your father’s surname today, don’t consider it a bad thing, simple because you are passing through tough times... but consider it more of a training for you.. to be able to survive in the House, when you will be sent too,” and slowly he turns to look at the man that brought him, into the Dlamini KaDikana Clan.

“Zimele Dlamini KaDikana, the man that I love beyond the four walls of this world... the man that I told myself that it’s his load that I am willing to carry... it is his happiness that I am willing to sink in and his sadness, that I am willing to give my whole self to eradicating... Thank you for loving me unconditionally and making sure that despite everything that happened in the last twelve years of our lives... that you never once doubted my abilities to bring peace, joy and happiness to our home... Ngiyabonga kakhulu Dlamini KaDikana,” he says, with a smile.
After which he turns to his left and the woman comes carrying two glasses of champagne, on a tray.
He takes the glass and as the last glass is given to Zimele, he takes his glass and raises it, in the air.
“To House Of Masilo,” and everyone repeats after him in a loud noise.
From that very moment... it’s claps and even more ‘excessive’ whistling coming from the Dlamini KaDikana table and more.
Zimele’s clan of misfortune, really loves Hector and they’re not afraid to show it.

-----------------------------

I honestly never knew that in my wildest dreams that Nathan’s wife was going to befriend anyone in the Dlamini KaDikana family.
But it seems like her friendship with MaMzobe has grown beyond the limits of friendship... I mean their own has become like that of sisters.
I wonder what are they talking about but I won’t mind them.
I prefer not to listen to whatever their talking about, before it damages my ear.
“Selfie time,” that’s Lerato and this has to be the hundredth time that she called for ‘selfie time’ claiming that she wants to upload it.. with the #HOMLaunch.
After all it’s currently trending on twitter at Number 1, with over 56k tweets and that’s ‘thanks’ to the social influencers that were there to grace the event.

It’s finally the last picture and only God knows how Hector’s feet are killing him... and that’s because he has been walking from one place to another... and greeting people he is only used to seeing on TV.
It’s the last photo of all of them and I am proud to say that Hector and the brothers have done exceedingly well in taking care of this family and also extending it.
From just Hector and his brother-in-laws, and two handsome children.
To now... more wives, more children and cousins and cousin wives.
“You really thought that, all of you could just sprung up an event and not invite us,” he knows that heavy voice and as he turns around... it’s Kedibone and she’s with Morena.
He immediately jumps to hug them, after all it has been two years, since he last saw them and they now look grown up.
Kedibone turned out to look exactly like their mother and as for Morena, will he looks more of himself.
Everyone quickly disappeared into somewhere, leaving Hector alone with his ‘children' and husband to reunite.

“When did you guys arrive and why didn’t you tell me... or even pick my calls,” he says.
“Well, I am always on time and I arrived yesterday from Dubai but I am pretty sure you know the reason why we were late and that’s because... my big sister over here, arrived this morning from Zimbabwe, apparently she was doing an interview or whatever... she’s glowing these days and it’s not make a sure,” Morena.
I am surprised that he still likes wearing those reading glasses of his and he still has that heavy voice... it’s not deep bass like those Zulus from MTN taxi rank but this is just a heavy voice... and as for Hector, he is not focused on that.
He knows that smirk on his sister’s face... and he will most definitely ask her later.
“So, it’s only you guys that came... where is Mme and everyone,” he asks, with his eyes down as he holds Kedibone’s hands.
He knows the answer but he wants to make sure.
She looks at Morena and slowly he moves forward... and places his hand on Hector’s shoulder.
It’s true, how they say that your younger siblings will outgrow you.

“I remember one day, you came back from work and you found us all asleep and the living room was preoccupied with Mme and her weekend specials... on the floor, where we sleeping... they was unfinished pap and cabbage with no meat... I had covered my head, but kept a small hole, so that I could see anyone that came in, whilst we were sleeping and I saw unhappiness on your face and how pained you were, where you picked those plates from the floor.
I also remember every part of the conversation that you had with Thato... you told him that we shouldn’t seek for love outside, when we have it here facing us, just like how we are facing you, we always love you Papi,” he says.
You should see the tears that are streaming down, Hector’s face as he hugs his brother and I thank God that they is no any cameraman or camerawoman around.
This is a family moment.

“Now enough of this... I am here to look for a husband and I would be glad if my 'brother-father-mother’ escorted me,” Kedibone says as she breaks the hug that was making Hector to cry.
She tugs her arm, under her brother’s own.
“And also me too... I am also looking for a job and seeing that my brother-in-law/father, is here and most of his business associates are here... I am ready for that tour,” he says looking at Zimele, who was just standing there and only smiling as he looked at the way Hector was busy crying in his brother’s shoulder.
“Lead the way...,” Morena says to Zimele and you should see how the smile soon into a huge laughter, showing those dimples.
“I will catch you, wena son,” and slowly they all exit from that place.

-------------------------------

“I am so sorry for calling you this late but I wanted to ask how is she,” he asks.
I think he is on the phone with Tarcise and it looks like he was just coming out of the toilet.
The thing about a mother is just so true.
“She’s fine... and I am really surprised that you calling me now, I thought you would be drunk by now and singing some Qgom song for me,” he says.
Hector can’t help but smile.
“I am not drunk... they is a particular reason why House Of Masilo, will be catering alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks... so I just drunk the non-alcoholic one,” he says, bringing a smile to Hector’s face.

“Look, I know that you have done exceedingly well for yourself and that from here now... it’s going to be business trips and all... so I just wanted to tell you that... I am here for you, in case you need me to adopt Zimkitha,” he says.
Hector knows that he has started with the whole ‘adoption’ talk and he won’t stop.
“Look, even if I was dreaming and I magically signed the adoption forms... I promise you that, in that same dream... Zimele and his brothers, will have those papers unsigned on my behalf... Most especially Nkosi” he says and immediately a notification enters.
It’s from Zimele.
“I will have to call you back... I just got an SMS from Zimele,” he says.
“You better hurry, before he pours acid on you,” Hector says.
Hector puts on that fake laugh, because he doesn’t know whether to take it, as a compliment or a future warning.
He cuts the call and calls brother dimple.

“What’s up my friend,” he says.
“Wow... that’s a way for you to call the father of your children and your husband,” he says.
Hector smiles.
“Okay, my husband... my joy... my Dlamini... my KaDikana... my King... my heartbeat... my world... my treasure, how can I help you,” he says.
You should see Zimele’s dimples... they were showing and it was like, they were running deeper than a sinkhole.
“I am in room 419... something is growing in between my legs and it’s screaming your name... hurry up you will find the door open,” he says.
“Okay, I am coming,” he says.
Hector’s face is giving me, all sorts of feelings.
I am not laughing guys but you should have seen the blush on Hector’s face, when Zimele said that.. ‘something is growing in between my legs'... I couldn’t hold myself.
He moves towards the reception area and opposite it, he presses for the elevator to come down and I must say that this hotel is totally out of the world.
It has the state of the art thing... I mean it shows that it’s not part of my budget.

He arrives on the floor and it’s the last floor, belonging to the 1% percent of the 1% percent, I mean it’s those presidential suites that only foreign politicians and foreign businessmen use, when they come to the country.
It’s just too expensive for our zealous and over greedy politicians to afford.
He opens the door and he looks inside but as he checks around... I tell for sure that he can’t find.
But as he checks around the bed area... he can see someone’s feet under the bed.
He knows that feet.
He moves to check and it’s Zimele.
Eating a candy 🍬.
He looks like small baby.
“What are you doing, under the bed,” Hector asks.
“Come... I don’t want the monster to get you outside,” he says to Hector.

Hector slowly shakes his head with his mouth opened and slowly without choice, he goes under the bed and lies next to the love of his life.
I mean this is the reason why I don’t want to marry a last born.
The baby in them.
“So, tell me... under the bed, that’s where you want to your ‘growing thing’ to be taken care of,” Hector says, putting a smile on Zimele’s face.
“Nope... I just wanted to be somewhere, where I could see my cute love at first-hand sight, that made sure to leave a huge hit on me,” he says, with a smile.
You should see the smile that is forming on Hector’s face.
“So did it hit you well,” he asks.
Yoh guys... I can’t overlook the smile on Hector’s face.
He is practically blushing.
“Yes, it did and that’s why it left me with a mark... that will never ever be erased and that’s because it took twelve years for that mark to be drawn and I don’t look forward to having it, removed,” he says and slowly he raises his arm and pulls down the suit, and there.. It is, right below the elbow... you can see Hector’s face.
It’s him... Mawami Hector Masilo Dlamini KaDikana and that’s the writing below the tattoo.

Hector tries to look at it, by getting up and unfortunately hits his head, I don’t know whether he forgot that they were under the bed or something.
“I guess, my love also gave you a hit,” he says and slowly as he rubs the pain.
He smiles as he looks at the arm, since Zimele raised it for him to see and admire.
“Well, Bhuti Zimele,” you should see Zimele’s face... he never loved or desire that ‘bhuti’ from Hector.
In all honesty, he hated it.

It’s the shock for me... on his face.
“Okay sorry, Bab’Dikana... thank you for honouring me, with a tattoo and I hope that it stays there forever,” he says and slowly they join hands together.
“I always wanted to ask you, Mawami... I know you had, your reasons but why did you stay with me and my family... you had every right to leave but you stayed, why,” he asks.
Hector chuckles.
“I don’t know what to say, but all I can say... is that the Love that you and your family give me is totally different to the love that I was raised with or rather exposed too... the love is real and raw... and it hits to core, when we hate... we hate and when we love... we love till forever, after all you are my Phakade Lami,” he says, looking at Zimele.
Zimele loves it, when he speaks IsiZulu and not Setswana... which makes me think.
I have never heard Hector speaking Setswana unless if he is shouting at the children in this family, which is very rare and that’s why all the children love him but still are scared of him.
I don’t why.

“So, Mawami... are you happy that you entered the taxi,” Zimele asks.
With a smile, showing those dimples.
“Yes, Zimele... I am happy that I entered the taxi,” he says, with a smile.

---------------------------

“You are not supposed to be telling me that... my brothers and I... have paid you and your wife’s agency for the past two years now... and you keep on bringing stories and stories that I don’t want,” Mabutho says on the phone as he moves up and down... in a quiet area and it looks like he is not alone.
He is with all of his brothers, except for Zimele and he is with their cousin, yes it’s Mukuna.

“Don’t raise your voice at me... I can still give you back your money,” the man says through the phone and I know that voice.
It’s Mulalo and it’s been a while.
I last heard his voice or anything about him... when Prince and Nathi... had paid his wife’s company to find for them for their mother.
“Look, I hate begging... most especially if my money is connected to it or have you forgotten that the main reason why you have those riches and power... and also the fact that you are married to your own uncle’s wife... is because of us... because of my family, now don’t make me blackmail you,” he says as he looks at his brothers and one cousin.

After a long silence.
“Look, they is so many politicians that live in Mbombela, Mpumalanga but close to our descriptions and everything... we have narrowed it down to two people and that’s two young boys, who are turning eleven in less than a month, according to sources close to them... their parents don’t have their birth pictures and others even said that it’s a possibility that these children weren’t born here... and it’s two boys, namely Jamal Crawford, who lives with a black African mother and a white stepfather, who happens to be politician and secondly it’s a young boy named Mpho Moroka and he lives in an upper environment than that of the Crawford family and that’s because his father recently became the Premier Of Mpumalanga and they led a very private life in their very secluded estate... I have already emailed you the pictures,” he says and that’s when Mabutho turns to his right and one of his bodyguards, opens up the laptop and it’s Nganono, that begins checking.
And suddenly he stops.

“I think you guys should come and see this,” he says and immediately you should see their faces as they all look at the laptop.
“I will call you back later,” he says and immediately he cuts the call.
“What does this mean,” that’s Nkosi.
“I think, Zimele was right with his suspicions... we have found our son and he looks exactly like Zimele and... a bit of Zithulele inside, in fact he looks exactly like us... It’s him, Ma’s son,” he says and immediately it’s like a moment of silence.
Enters all of them.

------------------------------

“Look, if you can give us anything that we can use to pinpoint and take down your ex-husband and his brothers that have used ‘criminal means' to get their money and power, then be rest assured that I will have you leave this hell hole that you have suffered for over close to seventeen years now... as you can see for yourself, you have no choice... it’s either you take our deal and you leave this place, without looking back... or you stay here for the rest of your life... another 12+,” he says.
It’s a Detective and he is sitting with his female colleague and not forgetting the person that this ‘small message was directed to’... Mrs Felicity Dlamini Price or rather Ms Felicity Price.

“Look, I am not snitch,” she says.

“I know you are not a snitch but look at this way,” the female colleague says.

“When you came in here... about sixteen... seventeen years ago, you left your children, whom I have soon learned that one is currently in the University of Cape Town and he is doing very well for a first year student and the other one is doing Grade 10 at some expensive private boarding school in Northern Cape... and he is doing so well for himself... but they have problems... almost or over two years back, those two boys hired a private investigator to look for you... their ‘real’ mother... so do you think that these children are not okay and despite the fact that they have so many good accomplishments... they still need their mother,” she says.

As I look at Felicity’s face and I know that I shouldn’t be saying this but for a woman that has probably spent her entire life in this smelly place, she does have a good skin and a very beautiful face.
It’s like she is ageless.
“Look, Felicity... you are a mother and those children need you, they may not know it... but they need you and I promise you will see them, but that’s only if you give us... your ex-husband and his brothers,” she says.

“How am I sure that... you are not lying to me or trying to use me... after that you throw me aside and by aside... I mean you bring me back into this hell hole, after I have given you the brothers,” she says.

“Well, that’s why we brought this envelope directly from the magistrate court and it has been approved,” she says pushing the envelope to Felicity and she takes it.
She opens it and there it is... she can see a huge chuck of money... not Rands but dollars.
She looks at the two detectives and they have this ‘smiles’ on their faces and it’s creepy.
“Who are you people and what do you want from me,” she says.
“Who we are... doesn’t matter at all and I must dare to inform you that you are carrying 50K in the American hard currency and if you were to exchange that for Rands... it could step you up for something good, when you leave this place but that’s only if you can give us.. The Dlamini KaDikana brothers,” the man says.

She looks at the envelope and back at them.
“Well, according to my calculations and considering how the dollar is right now... this is R750000... so where do I start from,” she says.
And I see the smile on her face.
She just sold her ex-husband and his brothers for 50k dollars.

See You In BOOK 2 of Phakade Lami.

All Rights Reserved By George Osumba.
2023