Chapter 42

Zimele and Hector’s LOVE has always been about fights but it’s not ABOUT what they fight for, but it’s about the WAY, they fight, the CONSEQUENCES end up exceeding the problem.
You see LOVE is a very powerful thing and I can assure you that it’s only a person who truly LOVES you, that will actually stick with you, throughout, despite the fact that you hurt them, lie to them and cheat on them.
But I guess, it goes with that saying that says that, ‘For Better, For Worse.

I am sure that’s it’s around 9:00 am in the morning and the entire yard is already beaming with so much noise, after all it’s a weekend and all children were brought here, all of them, including Lerato’s Siblings, whom I haven’t seen in a while and they have all grown into beautiful young girls but according to what I heard, was that their grandmother is in the hospital.
I hope she will be fine.
Hector’s family will be arriving in the morning or afternoon, and then later on, they will do the ceremonial or ancestral thing for Zithulele’s dreams.

He hasn’t spoken to anyone, since yesterday and he was not looking forward to meeting anyone.
BUT HE was married and he did not marry, so he will stand in this kitchen with Ziyanda, Lerato, and Nathan’s wife, as for Angelina and Harriet, their not with them but in the outside kitchen.
The Children, well most of them, are in the living room and Prince is reading a book, on only God knows what and my dear brother looks super handsome.
Hector knows he can talk to them, the wives who are surrounding him and that he can trust them to respect his ndabas, although most of the time, he prefers keeping his secrets, because sometimes sharing secrets with women who are married to your husband’s brothers never end well, you never know what could come out during their pillow talks, that’s if they have one.
Besides, some women in this family can’t keep secrets, the one thing that separates them from men, they can’t do it.

Ziyanda clears her throat and immediately all of the, other women in the kitchen, quickly disappear.
He knows fully well, that she does that, when she wants to talk to him in private.
So let the conversation begin.

“Ma, I know that you are trying to prove to everyone that you are strong and powerful, but sometimes even the powerful break and I can see you are breaking... stop carrying the weight on your shoulder,” she says as she chops the small potatoes for the stew.
“Look, Aus’Ziyanda... that’s my job... nobody wears the crown 👑 and forgets about the responsibility... all of this, everyone here... is my responsibility, I can’t help but be a mother, after all... it’s our job,” he says as he continues to stir the porridge for Xolani and Lerato’s two Central African.

“But sometimes, you need to know that, it’s okay to tell us... don’t leave us in the dark... we know you know things about this family, let’s share the heavy burden, because after all, we all want what’s better for this family,” she says, as she moves to throw the potatoes in the stew pot.
But seriously, how will Hector begin the topic or the discussion with these women, and tell them that their husbands are cheating on them.
Let him keep quiet and cook this meal for the children and move to assist with the other meal, which is meant for the ancestral thing that will be held later.

“Where are they”, he asks.
Trying to change the topic.

“In Mabutho’s house”, she says.
He doesn’t want to know, what they’re discussing, so let him mind the soup.
Ziyanda calls MaDlamini, to bring the little ones, Xolani and those two central Africans, including Zithulele and Buhle, since the porridge has turned out to be enough.
As the others eat, Hector sits down in the kitchen, on the floor and begins to feed Buhle.
For me, it’s how they become rural women and man, you wouldn’t think that they didn’t leave behind mansions and expensive cars, to be sitting down in the kitchen.
But my condolences to Lerato, she has it bad, with those with central Africans that carry south African surnames.