Chapter 47

IT MAY BE early in the morning but God knows fully well that, she must have her morning tea but is it, strong and black enough, for her cold-hearted soul that, I am sure will never see heaven.
She arrives at the entrance of the kitchen and finds Mukuna, who has already made two mugs of hot tea, – can you imagine and the aroma smells so beautiful.

“And then, what are you doing here... Mukuna... shouldn’t you be at your house, with your pregnant wife,” she says, with her hands on the hip.
I have always admired the beauty that this particular woman carries, like how can she be so evil and yet so beautiful.
In fact she makes evil, look so good.
Mukuna doesn’t answer but he continues to do that, which is expected of him.

“Am I not talking to someone,” she finally enters into the kitchen, with one hand on her hip.
This woman is asking stupid questions, I mean... does someone need an invitation to visit his brother’s place and stay at his place.
It’s called ‘Brotherly love’.
But then again... that black outfit sings a lot of songs.... DEADLY songs.

“Here is your cup of tea... strong and black,” he says.
She’s surprised but still takes it, and smells the aroma.
It’s really strong and looks black.
Mukuna takes his cup and moves to the first dinning room and she follows him behind.
As they both take their seats, Mukuna looks at her, with an examining eye, as she slowly drinks her tea.

“Do you know, the meaning of the black bead in your wrist and it’s purpose,” he says to her and slowly Harriet looks at it, but she only takes ten seconds and takes her eyes away from it.

“I don’t know, Mukuna... why don’t you tell me, as your good sister-in-law,” she says with her attitude.
Yoh, this dark skinned woman has attitude for days.
But I want to drink that tea 🍵, she makes it, look beautiful and sexy, with the way, she’s drinking it.

“Well, according to the family history and what I was told... the black bead defines stability... the person that is given the bead, must be prepared to be a stable point of the family, in fact for me... I have always seen the one with the black bead to be very important, because it’s like a neck and the head always needs the neck to support it... it’s more like balance... you are the stable point of Hector ,” he says.
But I know MaKhanyile doesn’t care, about those words... she wants to finish the over delicious tea.
He makes it, like those women from emakhaya and the only thing, missing here, is scones from grandma’s lunchbox.

“Look, I am not up for this discussion... if you are looking for Hector, then you will find him in his room... and I am pretty sure that he is sleeping now, so please go look for him and leave, me alone... please,” she says and slowly she places the mug on the table and moves to stand but before she can even move an inch.

She begins to feel a bit dizzy, like she’s about to collapse and as she turns around to meet with Mukuna who is now standing on his two feet.
The DARK AFRICAN BUTTERNUT is smiling.
“What have you done to me... what have you,” she stops midway in her sentence as she’s already on the floor.
Unconscious.

Mukuna moves to her body and smiles, as he takes out his phone and makes a phone call to Mabutho.

“I have done it... I am bringing her in,” he says, with that smile of accomplishment.
Mabutho thanks him and cuts the phone call, and for me... it looks like their in the hospital.
It’s him and Nkosi, and they’re looking at SJ, who is heavily sedated.

“Do you really think that he will survive, after all... it was your call to bring him to a hospital, particularly this one, when that your favourite girlfriend works,” he says.
You should see Mabutho’s face, Tjo, the dimpled mam was caught off guard with his brother, who can’t keep his mouth shut.
Well, they’re not dating and that’s because they’re not boyfriend and girlfriend but what is that English word – yes, they’re fuck buddies. She’s a married woman, after all and he is a divorced man, according to what I know.
So they PRACTICALLY use each to service, their engines.
For me their relationship is like Dineo and Bab’Dlamini, I wonder where is she now.