Chapter 22 - Familiars

A week had gone by like usual and Issei was walking to the ORC clubroom. He stepped into the main room and was met with the sight of Xenovia standing in the club room. Issei was on guard for a moment before he heard Rias speak. "Issei stand down, she's no longer an enemy, she is now the newest member of my peerage, she is my new knight. 

Xenovia then summoned her devil wings and confirmed that she had indeed become a devil. "So why did you become a devil?" Issei asked the sword woman. 

"I was excommunicated from the church after discovering that God was dead." Said Xenovia. 

She then turned to Asia and bowed her head. "Also I'm really sorry for what I had said to you before." Said the blue haired girl. 

"No no it's okay and we are comrades." Said Asia with a smile. 

Xenovia smiled and held her hand together as she began a prayer. But she was not able to recite the words she had said so many times before as a splitting headache formed. Everyone in the room chuckled remembering how Asia had done the same thing before and still does occasionally. "You can take the girl out of the church but now the church is out of the girl."  Said Isse who was met with a laugh. 

The next day at the start of class Issei's teacher had an announcement. "Good morning class today we have a new transfer student." Said the teacher as Xenovia entered the classroom.

"Hello everyone my name is Xenovia Quarta. It's nice to meet you." She said, bowing her head slightly. 

At her entrance the guys began to cheer having a new tomboyish beauty. Raynare, Asia and Issei just smiled seeing how their new friend had quickly gotten accustomed to the school.  She quickly made friends with the girls of the class and caused Issei to get more glares when she walked up to him and Raynare during lunch to eat with them. Asia usually went to eat with her friends during lunch. 

Meanwhile in the ORC clubroom Rias and Sona were in an argument. "Look Issei missed his last chance to go to the familiar forest because he was unconscious and I have a large group of new servants so he will be coming with me to get his familiar. Said Rias. 

"That doesn't seem fair if you're taking a much larger group anyways. I'll let you take this month and I'll take Issei with me next month." Said Sona.

"Well I want to reward him for all his hard work in saving me from my engagement and taking down Kokabiel. I feel like I haven't done much for him lately so I want to be the one to take him to the forest." Sona didn't reply thinking of a way to make this worth her. 

"Ok fine but your club has to help us clean the pool." Said Sona. 

"Deal!" Said Rias in an instant. 

"Ok everyone today we will be going to the familiar forest so you can each get a familiar." Said Rias. 

"What's a Familiar?" Asked Issei

Rias summoned a bat, Akeno summoned a few tiny oni, Koneko summoned a small white cat and Kiba a brown sparrow. "These are familiars; they are animals and creature servants who help devils with any task they request." 

Everyone quickly stood in the transportation circle and teleported into the familiar forest in the Underworld. Waiting for them was an old man in shorts and t-shirt and a backwards cap. "Welcome young devils I am the familiar master, what kind of familiar are you looking for?" Asked the old man. 

"I want a cute one." said Asia. 

"I'd like one that can hunt." Said Xenovia 

"I think one that can fly." Said Raynare.