Chapter 35 - a new battle.

Two weeks had passed and Issei was sitting in class as Aika as the class representative was announcing and recruiting for the sports festival. "Ok now we need someone to sign up for the three legged race." said Kiryu.

"Oh Issei, it looks like you tore your shirt under your arm again. "Said the glasses-wearing girl.

Issei raised his arm to look at his shirt so that he couldn't see anything. "Alright then Issei is doing the three legged race. Does anyone want to partner with him?" Asked the girl with an evil grin.

Almost all the girls raised their hands to partner with Issei. "Alright we will have to figure this out so Issei who do you want to partner with?" Asked the class rep.

Issei looked around the class and noticed that Asia was raising her hand. "I'll partner with Asia." Said Issei to the relief of Raynare and bummer of the other girls.

Ever since the day he sang Infront of the school Raynare had become quite possessive only allowing the girls from the Harem approach Issei, if it was anyone not dating Issei she would glare at them.

But what also had Raynare ticked off was the fact that Asia was getting flowers sent to her everyday but that Diodora guy. If not for her pregnancy she would give him a punch he would never forget in the upcoming Rating game. Raynare stared outside to the courtyard where she saw Issei and Asia practicing for the three legged race. She gave a smile to the two as she watched them practice.

"I wish I could help them fight but I'll just have to cheer them on." Through Raynare as she looked at her boyfriend and fellow girlfriend.

A week of Issei and Asia practicing went and finally it was the day of the Rating game. Rias was in the underworld at the stage of the tournament to meet with Diodora.

"Hello there Diodora Astaroth, I hope we have a great battle today." Said Rias.

"Yes, as do I, though I do have a proposition for you." Said the devil boy.

"And that is?" Asked the Gremory Heir.

"I'd like to trade bishops with you. I have grown quite fond of Asia, you see." Said Diodora

"I'm sorry but no, I will not trade Asia to anyone." Said Rias with a firm voice and a scowl.

"Oh well, too bad." Said Diodora unfazed by Rias's words.

Finally the battle began, the battle was stationed in a ruined city. Issei was paired with Koneko and Kaliwarner to face the pawns and rooks. Mittelt was with Asia and Gasper looking for magic users, and Xenovia and Kiba were facing the knight. Issei and Koneko quite easily pushed through the pawns being quite weak. But they did notice that there was something odd about the girls; they all seemed emotionless. Kiba and Xenovia also managed to defeat the knights. Gasper, Asia and Mittelt didn't have much to do since Issei was the one to take the pawns and rooks out.

Finally it was Rias and Akeno vs the queen and two bishops. The bishop were powerful healers making it quite hard for Rias and Akeno to defeat her. Issei didn't want to take all of the glory but he wanted to give the girls a hand. However he couldn't think of a way not to take away the glory. "Hey perv I have an Idea." Said Koneko as she made Issie lean down for her to whisper into his ear.

"Are you sure that will work? I'm not so sure." Said the dragon.

"Trust me it will." Said Koneko.

"I'm not quite sure how a thumbs up will work." Said Issei.

"Oh you'll see." Said Koneko, summoning a magic communication circle.

"Hey Akeno, Rias, Issei says the winner of that fight will get the second born." Whispered Koneko loud enough that the girls could hear clearly but Issei couldn't.