4.3

27 November 2017 

Victoria was sitting mindlessly by her dining table as she scrolled through her phone and agenda for what is scheduled for the day. Henry sat next to her, at the head of the table with the twins in their own basinet a few meters away from them.

The day is quite a simple one as Tori was still considered to be on her maternity leave, she has meetings with a few of her patronages as well as the Suffolk foundation team together with the children.

Henry on the other hand had a morning appointment at Roger Gracie Academy for some Jiu Jitsu training before continuing their filming for Mission Impossible.

It was early morning when the young parents heard Tori's phone rang as they were enjoying their breakfast.

"Good morning Lindsay," Tori answered the phone. "I know I'm not late for my first meeting as that is later at 10:30, how can I help you this fine morning?"

"Good morning Your Royal Highness, is the Duke of Suffolk there with you as well?" Lindsay greeted her employer back.

"Yes, he's here as well. Let me put you on loud speaker," Tori took her phone away from her ears and pressed the loud speaker button. She then looked at Henry and told him that Lindsay would like to speak to the both of them.

"I understand that today The Duke is meant to have some Jiu-Jitsu training before going on set while the Duchess has meetings at Lancaster House. I would like to inform you, if you had yet to know that Kensington Palace will share an official statement that Prince Harry is to be engaged to Ms Meghan Markle."

"Harry's engaged?" Henry thought out loud.

"When did Harry got engaged?" Tori looked at Henry. "We saw him last week for dinner, was this recent, Lindsay?"

"We were informed that His Royal Highness proposed earlier this month, Madam. Their office has been quite busy preparing the statements, press call and interview for later today. We were just informed this morning and I called straight away as the Duke might have people ask him regarding the news today."

"Well, clearly we weren't important enough to be in the need to know of this information. That is completely fine. We will act accordingly and once the official statement is out, we will release a statement that we are happy for the couple and wish them all the best." Tori said while looking at Henry with a frown on her face.

"We can post a twitter feed with the standard line, Lindsay. Make sure to add on a sign off from the both of us. If I get asked today, I will say a generic line about how we are both very happy for the couple." Henry took hold of Tori's hand and squeezed tightly.

"I will get our communications team to do the necessary. David will meet you at the set Your Royal Highness and I will meet you at the first meeting at 10 madam."

With that, the call with Lindsay ended and Tori put her phone down.

"I can't believe that Harry didn't have the guts to tell us himself. He had the whole month to let us know." Tori shook her head.

"What's done is done now, Tor," Henry got up and stood behind her to hug her tightly. "What we can do now is put on a brave face and keep going."

"There's going to be a lot of scrutiny of you though darling," Tori looked up at her husband. "She would have to leave her job, leave her lifestyle to acclimate to ours while you're still going."

"There's also the element that she's mixed, not that it's any problem. Liechtenstein had their mixed descent princess in early two thousands, and we're not in the dark ages where being dark is a problem, if anything granny and grandpa would encourage it." Tori continued.