1.2

10 May 2010

"Do you think they'll like me?" Tori looked at Henry as he drove them to his parent's house. This will be the first time Victoria meets Henry's family and it's nerve-wrecking.

"They'll love you," Henry kissed Tori's palm and kept their hands together as he drove. "You have foreign dignitaries adore you."

"Well I'm not dating their son, am I?" Tori smiled sarcastically at Henry.

"Well get yourself ready because we're here," Henry laughed a little, pulling up before a two story house inside a very secured area. Tori looked out the window before taking a deep breath.

'I can do this' she thought to herself. 'I mean, if they don't like me, they're not going to make Henry stop seeing me, right?'

She was brought out of her thoughts when Henry opened her side of the door. She was so caught up in her mind that she didn't even see him get out of the car and over to her side.

"Out you go love," Henry helped Victoria get out of the car before closing the door behind her.

Together, hand in hand, they walked up to the front door and knocked. Across the street parked a black Rover with two of Victoria's protection officers, Adam and Peter.

Not long after they knocked on the door, Henry's mum opened the door.

"Oh you've made it!" She cried out hugging Henry tightly. "Happy Birthday darling."

"And you must be Victoria," she said after letting go of her son. "My name's Marianne, but you can call me Mari."

"Thank you so much for having me here, Mari." Victoria said shaking Mari's hand. "I was going to bring something but Henry said not too."

"Oh don't be silly, you don't need to bring anything, yourself being here is just wonderful." Mari said before ushering them inside the house.

Victoria was introduced to Henry's father, Colin. As well as his four brothers Niki, Charlie, Simon and Piers. Throughout their lunch all along until dinner, Victoria kept a steady conversations with Henry's family, making small jokes as well as laughing at some jokes they said.

Victoria got along extremely well with Niki, with him being a Marine officer and most of Victoria's family served in the military as well. Victoria herself have a few honorary titles bestowed upon her.

While Victoria was talking to Henry's dad, Henry helped his mum in the kitchen, putting away the leftover food and to clean up. Victoria offered to help but Mari had none of it.

"I like her, when are you going to ask her to marry you?" Mari asked Henry.

"Ma, we've only been together for a year," Henry blushed. "I haven't even met her side of the family."

"Well, that's a bit daunting isn't it? No wonder you wanted to have this side out of the way," Mari shrugged. "Meeting the Queen and two heirs is a scary thought."