0.1

14 April 1985 

"Are you ready to go?" Charles fixed the cufflinks on his shirt before looking up to his pregnant wife, Diana.

"Yeah, just about," Diana said fixing her shirt. She is currently four months pregnant with their third child. Today, they will find out the gender of their baby. They have two sons together, both whom Diana loves so very much.

Charles and Diana, the husband and wife duo is not what you would call a normal couple. With their 13 year age gap and status in the world, they have faced many troubles, even from the start of their relationship.

Charles and Diana are the Prince and Princess of Wales, Charles being the heir to the British throne, their children, are next in line.

They quickly said goodbye to their two boys, William and Harry, who are three and one years old respectively, and left them to the care of their nannies, while they go for this appointment.

They made sure that they were going incognito, as they haven't released a statement saying the Princess of Wales is pregnant again, at least not for another week. Diana have been wearing a lot of loose clothing or just big coats in general so that they can't see the really small bump.

When they got to St. Mary's, they went to the back entrance and went inside to go to Lindo wing to have their checkup.

Once they reached their doctor's office, they were greeted with bows before getting straight into the appointment. Once they were inside, they were greeted by Diana's Gynaecologist, Dr. George Pinker, who helped delivered both William and Harry.

"Good Morning Your Royal Highnesses, are we ready to find out the gender of the baby?" Dr. Pinker asked the two expecting parents as Diana got herself comfortable on the chair. "It will be a little cold ma'am."

Charles stood behind Diana as his hands rest on her shoulders as they watch the little screen of the ultrasound. His big hands rubbing softly, calming Diana down.

"Congratulations Sir Ma'am, you'll be having a beautiful baby girl," Dr Pinker did other checks as well on the baby, making sure that the baby is healthy and is growing correctly.

Both Charles and Diana looked at each other with tears in their eyes. After having their two boys and always wanting to have a little girl, they finally got their wish.

After the doctor cleaned up the gel on Diana's stomach, they quickly thanked Dr Pinker and the nurses before heading back to Clarence House and celebrate the arrival of their baby girl.

Diana couldn't help but think of the time when she told Charles that they were expecting their third child. They were going through a rough patch and Charles barely spent time together with Diana. But the rare times he did, sometimes they forget about protection.

"Charles, I have something to tell you," Diana fiddled with her hands as she approached Charles inside his study after putting the boys down for their nap time.

"What is it Diana," Charles continued to shuffle through the papers that he needed to sign and go through. "I'm quite busy."

"I'm pregnant," Diana breathed out before looking up and into Charles eyes who looked up as well.

Charles knew that the baby is his, it has to be. He has Diana's protection officers as well as guards report to him in regards of where Diana goes or does during the day. She doesn't have anyone over, she doesn't go out. All she does is do her work and spend time with their children.

Besides, they were intimate with each other not too long ago as well.

Charles then stood up and walked towards Diana and held her close.

"That's fantastic news darling," Charles held her close while Diana held him tight as well. "I hope we have a little girl this time, but if we have another boy, that would be fine as well."

"We have to be better Charles," Diana muttered against his chest. "If not for us, at least for our children."

A week after their incognito visit to the hospital, Buckingham Palace announced that The Prince and Princess of Wales are expecting their third child. The whole nation (and the rest of the world) threw a big party to celebrate, with bets going around on the gender of the baby.