0.7

6 September 1997

Victoria was numb. At the young age of 12, Victoria had to face the scary world without her mother.

She was dressed in a black dress, with a black coat over it and a black fascinator on top of her head. She was wearing black gloves and black tights to keep herself warm that windy day.

Victoria spent the night at Buckingham Palace, in the room next to her grandmother's as she would wake from nightmares, hearing her mother scream and bright lights. Though she was not there herself, she would see on newspapers the crash and how the driver could not see anything due to the flashing lights. 

Victoria looked as if she was a young adult and not the small child that she is.

She took a deep breath before straightening up her posture and left her room to join the rest of the family downstairs for breakfast before heading outside to pay respect to the procession. 

Her brothers on the other hand, will be walking behind their mother together with their uncle, father and grandfather. No matter how much Harry protested, their grandmother was insistent that he would walk behind her mother, it was his duty. The same as how it is Victoria's duty to stand next to her grandmother as the procession goes by. 

Victoria promised herself that she would not cry again until she would be alone in her room that night, but for today, she would not let the public or the cameras have the satisfaction of seeing her cry.

As they stepped outside, Victoria was holding hands with her Gran, walking in between her and her aunty Annie. On the other side of the Queen was her Uncle Andrew while on the other side of her Aunty Annie was her Uncle Eddie. Behind them were the rest of the family.

The whole time they were outside, Elizabeth would grip on to Victoria very tightly, afraid that she would run towards the procession and get trampled on.

As the procession passed, Victoria dipped her head into a small bow before looking back up and kept her posture straight.

After the procession were no longer in sight, they head back inside to get into the car and make their way to the abbey for the funeral.

Sitting next to her Gran in the car, they make their way to the abbey for the funeral.

It would be a long day for Victoria, one that will forever be engraved in her mind.