1.4

3 June 2010

To say that Henry was nervous was an understatement.

"Relax, just think of them as your girlfriend's parents," Tori tried calming Henry down as they make their way inside Clarence House towards where Charles and Camilla are situated.

When Henry arrived at the gates of Clarence House, the guards made him roll down his window and asked for his name and state his business there. Tori had told him in advance to use the back gates instead of the front ones since they rarely open them except for her father and step-mother and instead use the gate where the household people use to enter and leave the house.

Tori had also informed the guards in advance that her boyfriend, Henry Cavill will be arriving at an estimate time for dinner.

Henry told them his name and his business there was to have dinner with Tori and her parents. Once he gave his name, the guards immediately opened the gates and ushered him inside.

His palms were sweaty so he kept wiping them on his pants.

"Just remember, bow your head slightly and refer to them as Sir or Ma'am until they say otherwise alright?" Tori rubbed his back in comfort. Since they were not married, Henry, as a British citizen still need to follow the rules on how he greets a royal until they say otherwise. "Wait until I introduce you before coming forward."

"Okay, yeah. I can do that," Henry took a deep sigh before the doors were opened infant of them.

Inside the dining room stood Charles and Camilla. Victoria led the way with Henry trailing behind her, still shaking with nerves a little. It is quite a funny sight to see a very large man, cowering slightly behind a slender woman.

"Pa," Tori greeted kissing both of Charles cheeks before moving towards Camilla and does the same to her.

"This is Henry, my boyfriend," Tori gestured for Henry to step forwards.

Henry then bowed his head before shaking Charles' outstretched hands. "Sir."

"Please, none of that non-sense when we're in private. You are after all dating my daughter. Please, call me Charles," Charles patted Henry's back twice before letting his wife greet their future son-in-law.

Henry then did the same to Camilla which Camilla laughed and replied, "well, if you get to call Charles by his name, I think I should get that luxury as well."

"Please come and sit," Charles gestured to small table and gestured the both of them to take a seat.

It went like this, Charles sitting at the head of the table, (it really is a very small table), with Camilla sitting on his left and Tori sitting on his right and Henry opposite of him at the other end of the table.

"How long have you known my daughter?" Charles asked Henry.

"And how did you two meet?" Camilla asked as well.

"Well, we met about a year and a half ago through dinner with a mutual friend," Henry smiled at Tori.

"And he asked me to be his girlfriend about almost a year ago," Tori smiled back at Henry.

"What do you do as a living, Henry?" Camilla asked.

"I'm an actor, actually," Henry laughed. "I had a few minor roles in a few movies and we're wrapping up a series right now."

"Henry here plays the Duke of Suffolk in a Henry the Eighth tv series," Tori laughed.

"Oh that's ironic isn't it," Charles laughed.

"Yeah, I didn't know I was going to be involved with Tori when I auditioned for that role," Henry laughed nervously. They are after all descendants of Henry VIII himself.

"I would have to tell mother about this, she would have a fit of laughter," Charles laughed. "Are you still acting in that series?"

"Unfortunately no. We wrapped up about a week ago and the last episode is airing on the 20th," Henry answered the question.

The rest of the night went smoothly that after Victoria showed Henry out and kissed him goodnight and a safe drive back home, Victoria went back inside the room where Charles and Camilla were still seated at and joined them for a glass of wine.

"I like him," Camilla said after Victoria sipped her wine. "I think he's a nice boy, very eloquent."

"Thank you," Tori smiled. "I like him too."

"Do you love him?" Charles asked.

"I do," Tori smiled softly.

"Do you see a future with him?" Charles asked.

"I think so," Tori said. "I just know that I want to spend the rest of my life with him."

"Good," Charles said. "I approve of him. I think he can speak well and would actually gel pretty well with this family. He's British and there should be no problems with him being an actor or anything. I do have to say, he is much more handsome than your last boyfriend."

"Pa!"