015

"KAI!" I immediately yell in the call

"WHAT??"

"WHY DID YOU LIKE A TWEET OF HIS 2 YEARS AGO??" I felt panicked. It was humiliating enough that we were going through his twitter but him knowing??

"FUCK, I DID??" Kai's face filled with regret, trying to find the post they unintentionally have liked. "OH MY GOD IT'S THE ALLIE ONE"

"OH MY GOD KAI" I buried my face into my hand. This was embarrassing. Nick knew how close I was to Kai and definitely knows that if Kai knows about Allie, I most probably did as well.

"Okay let's just stay calm and come up with a lie" They took deep breathes and despite their fake face, I knew even they were panicked. "Okay I can't stay calm because I accidentally LIKED A TWEET OF NICK FROM 2 YEARS AGO"

"I TOLD YOU NOT TO STALK HIM"

"WELL I DON'T USUALLY LIKE THEM SO I DIDN'T SEE A PROBLEM"

"Oh my god, Nick is gonna think I'm weird for asking you to stalk him and out of all the things I could've let him know I found out, it's about his probable ex girlfriend or something and now he's going to find me strange for doing all of this and-" I started to ramble but the moment I look up, I see Kai start smiling on the other end "WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU SMILING ABOUT KAEDE???"

"You still questioning if you like Nick or have you figured it out?"

Holy shit I hate them so much.

"Not now Kai, he's gonna see me as weird" I felt like a psychopath. The fact I was unconsciously gripping tightly on my hair and practically yelling at someone who lives across the world was giving a lot of signs.

"GIRL CALM DOWN! It's Nick so we can easily gaslight him into thinking it never happened!"

God how I wish Nick was high or drunk right now. I just need him to forget he ever saw that notification.

"I mean, it's not that bad Daphne. I'm sure he'll love you despite your flaws" Kai chuckled guiltily.

Now Kai, what if the fact he thinks I have a flaw is my last straw? They will not be able to escape this one so easily.

"Oh well you have work tomorrow! haha.. I'm gonna go now!" Without another word, Kai left the call.

God damn it they escaped that one so easily.

I left the call and turned off my pc. Well that was a perfect ending to that day. I mean they were right about me having work tomorrow so I might as well go to sleep.

I put my phone on do not disturb and before I could even shut my phone off, I saw Nick's notifications start flooding my lock screen.

-

Nick 🐼

helloooo ☺️

HEY

WHYD YOU GO
ON SILENT

U TURNED MY
NOTIFS OFF?? ☹️☹️

wait did you even have
them on?

was i not as privileged
as i thought i was </3

i am heartbroken
daphune

like dasmaknee
im HURT

i hope a ghost smacks
you in your sleep

but you don't fee it ofc
i don't want you getting
hurt 🥰

-

I am thankful it wasn't about the liked tweet but I know he would definitely bring it up at one point. I just need to prepare myself for that moment