024

The bus stops and I look out the window to see the familiar buildings around me. It was finally my stop.

"Well, this is my stop. I hope to see you again some time" I say as Delilah gets out of her seat for me to exit. "Here's Julia, by the way"

I gave her the sleeping toddler and took my bag from my chair.

"It was nice meeting you, Daphne" Delilah gives me a smile as I wave goodbye while walking down the isle of the bus and out.

I enjoyed Delilah. She was so nice and sweet, she didn't deserve anything that she'd received.

The bus doors started closing and I see Julia pressing herself against the window waving at me. I laughed as I wave back at her with the bus moving slowly.

I turned back around and started walking home. It was a short 15 minute walk home but the thing is, it was 8 pm and I'm a 5'1 girl walking alone.

I pulled out my phone and called Nick. I would've called Kaede but they would probably make fun of me the entire time.

Nick would be genuinely worried for me and try to calm me down. Especially since I can feel my stress level rise as time progresses.

"Daphne! Are you home yet?"

"Nick, I'm scared. I'm walking home right now and it's late" The panic in my voice was present and I made sure not to speak that loudly just in case someone was listening.

"Okay, calm down. You're fine. How far is your place from where you are right now?"

"About 10 minutes? Nick, I'm scared.." I started walking a little faster to somehow lessen the time. My breath was shuddering and I know Nick could tell. My camera was angled right below my chin and I kept moving my jaw to stop it from shaking.

"Daphne, calm down. If something happens to you, I'll actually cry right now. Just keep walking until you get there"

"I can see my building from here, it's just a straight walk in the dark" I felt like everything I felt was a big deal. My hair gazing on the back of my neck would send shivers down my spine and my arms were definitely filled with goosebumps.

"You look so pretty in every angle" I hear him softly say on my phone.

I felt like my thought process had been cut off and I turn to look down at the phone.

"Thank you?"

"Your voice is pretty too, it's like everything about you is so pretty"

"Wh-" I was at complete loss of words. He just made me want to scream and shout everything out.

Does he knows something? Did Kai-

"I don't care if people think you look bad, I've seen you without make up and holy shit, you're gorgeous"

"Nick, I swear-"

"Kinda suck at Valorant and Minecraft but that's okay because you have me to carry you" He giggles continuously, making me join him. "See, I'm right"

"Shut up, I'm better than you"

"Keep telling yourself that and maybe one day it will come true"

I rolled my eyes at him and kept my view at him. He's so pretty. I love his smile and the way his eyes squint when he laughs. I love how his cheeks grow pink so easily with anything I say. He's just so precious to me.

"I'm better than you"

(if ur having problems visualize what they look like, imagine irl dnf trying to insult each other but can't)