025

"Daphne, wake the fuck up. I'm outside your door"

That was the sound I heard first thing in the morning.

"Hm?" I turned to my phone and picked it up. My eyes were blurry from just waking up but I can clearly see him on call with me "When did I answer the phone?"

"You idiot, we've been calling for more than 12 hours. I was just peacefully watching you sleep while driving to your place now open the door, I'm outside"

How did I forget he was coming to visit? My room is a mess. It's nothing he hasn't seen before but I don't want him seeing it in person.

"I told you where the spare key is" I groaned, moving to stand up.

"And I was going to do that but it seemed invasive so now open your door"

I got up from bed and sleepily walked up to my front door. Nick was outside just standing happily.

"Did you just forget or do you always sleep and answer the door without pants on?" Nick looks down at me wearing just an oversized AC/DC shirt that barely passed my hips.

"I just woke up, give me a break" I let him be the one to end the call and made my way over to my couch in the living room. "Nothing to do in the living room, wanna go to my bedroom?"

"I- okay" He obliged and followed me into the bedroom where I dropped back down on the bed "Are you going to sleep right now?"

"What time is it?" I tiredly pulled a pillow over my head, feeling the bed dip as he sits next to me.

"It's 9 am, I literally wanted to hang out with you longer so I woke up earlier and you're going to sleep?"

"What the fuck??" I physically sat up, placing the pillow on my lap "You woke up at 6 and drove 3 hours just to see me?"

"Yes and now that I've seen you, I'm happy enough to see you. The only thing stopping me from leaving is the thing you said you wanted to talk to me about"

"Oh fuck, I forgot" I rubbed my eyes, trying to clear my vision "I'll just wash my face and we can talk"

He nods and I made my way to the bathroom.

I needed to tell him. I need to tell him I liked him. If we were to stay friends, I'll move to California and just have this online friendship with him. I don't want to think much about the other possibility.

I splashed my face with water a couple times before I dried it off with the towel hung behind me. I brushed my teeth as well to get rid of the morning breath stench.

When I got back to my room, he was laying on my bed on his phone typing aggressively. When I say aggressively, I mean he was going so fast I was 99% sure that half the words were typos.

"You okay?" The moment he heard my voice, I see him swipe up on his phone which meant he exited whatever he was doing.

"Yeah, I was just texting Clay" He put his phone in his pocket and sat up straight "So do you want me to say what I want to say first or do you wanna go?"

"You can go first, mines a bit long" I cleared my throat, sitting a lot closer to him than I intended. Too my surprise, none of us did anything about the fact our bodies were less than an inch away from each other.

"Well mines quite short, you go first and I can just add mine at the end of it maybe"

Me and Nick ended up wasting over 15 minutes arguing about who would be first so I decided to separate my topics into two.

"Okay here, I'll talk about one thing and then you go in the middle to talk about yours and then I'll do the second one for the last. How does that sound?"