029

Nick and Dylan ended up just making fun of me throughout the day. Nick made sure to draw a line on certain jokes while Dylan just kept making fun of 15 year old me.

"Did you know Daphne was like the loneliest teenager in middle school but like the moment she went to high school, she was like loved by every guy there?" Dylan continued to laugh around Nick. It was like they were best friends for such a long time.

"And I don't blame them"

"GUYS! HELP ME DECIDE WHERE I SHOULD MOVE" I snapped at them, hoping they would finally notice me sitting next to literally the both of them.

"California"
"Go to California"

"Fuck you guys" I stood from the couch and made my way over to the kitchen while they continued to chat. I pulled out my phone and started FaceTiming Kai.

"What the fuck do you want?"

"Hello to you too, Kaede" I greeted them "Nick and Dylan are talking about me and I don't know what to do about the eviction"

"You let Nick and Dylan in the same room? And Nick is still alive?"

"Yes but where do I move? I don't think I have enough money to supply myself if I'm in Florida but I would rather live in the streets than see Nick like once every month"

Maybe I was being a little dramatic but I've seen Nick as my comfort person since he started coming here. Other than Kai, I didn't think I'd get close with anyone I met on the internet.

"4 months Daph, I'll be there in 4 months and you're already breaking down over the littlest things. Don't worry about it for now, move in with your brother for a bit and we'll go to Florida together" Kai said in the most comforting voice they could do "Go to high school in California for a bit, get a part time job to save money in those 4 months, fly to Florida with me and we'll be there"

"But N-"

"If you say his god damn name again, I'll snap his neck in half. It's just 4 months and you have discord to talk to him" Kai suddenly said in a higher toned voice "Daphne, don't you dare cry"

"Holding back the tears right now" My voice squeaked, causing Kai to groan.

"You know every time you cry because of me, it's because I higher my voice so slightly that you end up crying your eyes out"

"Then stop yelling at me in a passive aggressive way" All I know is I'm probably gonna cry a lot if Kai moves in and the strict asian household ways come out. "So I move to Cali and move to Florida back with you?"

"Exactly and I'm not letting Nick sleep over at our house until we soundproof your fucking room"

"Hey, he said he wasn't going to be making any passes on me and it depends on me if I wanted to or not"

"You're so indecisive, how the hell will you pull that off?"

"Hey, I can make my own decisions. I also depend it on Nicks mood if that's what you're asking" I tried to make my voice quieter towards the end. Knowing Kai, they'd bully the shit out of me if they heard it.

"Daphne, let's go out to dinner with your boyfriend" Dylan yelled from my living room "I'll pay for it"

"Fuck off, I'll pay for her meal"

"No I'm her brother and I'm paying for her meal"

"Kai help, they're fighting over who will pay for me" I whisper into my phone "And I'm scared Dylan would jump him"

"Good because I'm gonna jump Nick when I meet him anyways. Might as well weak him down now"

"Kai!" I exclaim into my phone yet kept the low whisper. "I swear-"