052

Nick's pov

I arrive back at the apartment with Daphne's food in the paper bag. She only requested onion rings but I got her much more because she hadn't eaten anything yet.

Kai didn't know the way back to their place from Alex's house and they had a car so I let them follow me. We chatted for a bit before I had to go back to Daphne.

I really wanted her to be asleep by the time I came back. I was gonna bring her food nonetheless but I wanted to surprise her with it. I didn't want to look like I gave her food just because she asked.

I open my apartment and the first thing I see is Clay in the living room on his phone. It was kind of surprising seeing him without Wisteria either sitting next to him or cuddling him.

"Hey, where's Wisteria?" I asked him, dropping the keys onto the kitchen counter and taking off my jacket.

"Oh she's taking a nap. We just had our an argument" Clay shut his phone and placed it on the table with a sigh.

They had an argument? I never in my life expected them to argue over anything.

"Oh man, are you okay?" I sat next to him to try and comfort him because he looked upset. "Wanna talk about it?"

"She says I love her too much and that I was overreacting to her blushing over Daphne saying she loved her. Apparently it's normal when I say it but it's different when Daphne says it."

I just stared at him with wide eyes. I was speechless to say the least. I don't even think Wisteria took it seriously if that was the reason he was upset.

"Okay first, you do love her too much. And second, you did overreact. But if it did upset you, you can talk to her about it and tell her that those words hurt you. She learns quickly" I can't believe I was giving Clay, the man who'd been in a 6 year relationship with someone, relationship advice. I really thought this would be the other way around.

"I will, I'm just ignoring her for a bit because she upset me"

"Please when she walks out that door after she just woke up, you will swoon and give her the tightest hug ever because you miss her" I knew that because he's done that exact thing before. That man loves her way too much. "Now if you will excuse me, I got something for my own girl"

I grabbed the paper bag from the coffee table and entered my room. I see Daphne hugging one of the pillows tightly while soft snores came from her mouth.

I really did expect her to be tired. We were up until 5 am and she woke up around 11 am or 12 pm. She usually slept for 10 to 12 hours straight so I expected it.

I sat next to her on the bed and slowly gazed the side of her body. I traced every curve while she slowly breathed into my pillow.

I could feel my heartbeat quicken just watching her sleep. It wasn't anything I've felt before. Not even with Allison. It felt like it was more powerful that what I felt for Allison.

I hated having to compare what I felt to her, but she was the only person I actually liked other than Daphne. I couldn't tell if the feeling frightened me or made me happy. It just felt like a new feeling.

Her body shifts and turns to me. Her eyes were barely open, probably adjusting to the view of just waking up. She shot me a quick smile before rubbing her eyes.

"How long have you been here?" She ask as she stretched her arms.

"Like 5 minutes. I was debating on whether to wake you up or not. I bought you something to eat." I handed her the paper bag while her legs were still under the sheets.