032

3rd person pov

"Nick, open the door" Clay knocked on his bedroom door. He heard Nick groan as he opened the door with just pants on.

"What the fuck do you want? You have your own girlfriend" Nick's breath reeked of alcohol and Clay could clearly smell his breath from feet away.

"Are you drunk?" Clay felt furious at his best friend for doing the one thing he promised he wouldn't do again since their college years "And Allison?!?"

"Hi Clay" Allison waved from Nick's bed with his blanket draped over her chest.

"Allison, get the fuck out of my apartment" Clay yells at the girl.

"That's kinda hot, are you up for a threesome?"

"Fucking get out of here" Clay held back from going up to her and physically hurting her, knowing it would get the cops involved if he did.

"Fine, Nick was saying the wrong name anyway" She quickly puts her dress back on and walked out the door with her heels in her hands.

"Aw come on dude, you're such a cockblocker" Nick whined, dropping down on his bed "If you're so jealous then fuck your girlfriend"

"I'm not jealous, Nick. Literally just a week ago, you have done nothing but give your everything to Daphne by visiting her all the god damn time. You call me and Wisteria inseparable but you were the same with Daphne for like a month" Clay got up close to him and started yelling everything, defending Daphne. "Now you can't even meet her at the fucking airport before she leaves but you can go to the bar and fuck the first girl you see?"

"I don't want to talk about fucking Daphne bro, leave me alone" Nick grabs a pillow from his bed and just puts it over his face "I'm not in a relationship so I can do what I want"

"I know but going out, drinking and getting drunk just to have sex? I need you to tell me the full story" Clay enters his room and closes the door behind him. "I won't be mad just tell me everything"

"She doesn't even like me man, she was with me to get to you because you're so much better than me" Nick's voice muffled through the pillow on top of his face "I'm always checking her texts and she sounds so dry around me, there's no excitement"

Clay couldn't even begin to express how shocked he was at the words of Nick. It was such a huge thing that he had to sit down on his bed to somehow put the words into his mind.

"When's the last time she texted you?"

"I don't know, 3-4 years ago?"

That's when Clay groaned in annoyance, wiping his hand down his face.

"Nick we're talking about Daphne, not Allison" It had only hit Clay there that he was still drunk. He thought him yelling at Nick just a second ago would somehow sober him up just a little bit to start thinking properly.

"Wait was Daphne the one I was with a second ago?"

"That was Allison, Nick" Clay now understood why Allison said Nick was saying the wrong name just before she left the apartment.

Clay grabbed Nick's phone on the night stand and was easily able to unlock his phone since he knew the passcode. The moment he opened his photos, he spotted a picture of Daphne.

Specifically one of her on their last date.

"Aww man she's the one I put too much pressure on her to get in a relationship with me by accident and now she keeps trying to reassure me she doesn't hate me by texting me but I have no energy to answer her and I know she actually hates me now so my whole life is falling apart as time progresses"