038

// ed jokes

"And we're home!" Kai yells as they barge into the house that we bought. "And my stuff is here! We need to buy furniture"

"Yes please, for god's sake the only things we actually have here are our clothes and mattresses. My computer is coming tomorrow and that's about it" I look around the empty house, trying to confirm to myself if I was actually gonna be happy here.

"You didn't pack your things from Cali?"

"Dylan said he'd officially make that my room and keep my stuff there so that I have a place to stay at when I potentially visit him" So we have mattresses and a 2 story house for literally two people. "You know, us entering this house just the two of us from the outside makes it look like we're a gay couple"

"Let's adopt a child and say we're a gay couple if we're both single by the age of 40" Kai skips their way through the halls.

For two people in their really early adulthood, this house was big. The Takahashi family is just really wealthy in Japan and is willing to spoil their youngest child to live a good life in America. If they were strict with Kai and didn't spoil them growing up, I wouldn't be living here. Maybe I wouldn't even know who Kai was.

If you told two people that a 19 year old is living with her 20 year old best friend from Japan in a house that an average family in America would be owning and they were both unemployed, no one would believe you. Especially the unemployed part.

"So my dad got us someone to look through the houses in Florida like months ago and they said this was a fairly priced house with a master's bedroom and 2 extra bedrooms. All of them have bathrooms already and there's one bathroom downstairs" Kai began giving me a tour of the house they literally bought without even showing me.

The only thing I knew about this place before we moved in was that it was a 2 story house that had 3 bedrooms, 2 car garage, and a basement. For all I know, this was some serial killers house and it was just bought by Kai's parents.

"We can go to Ikea and buy some furniture to get started" I suggest to Kai "Let's move our clothes into the built in closets, which you literally wouldn't shut up about, and go to Ikea"

"I should buy a car.." Kai sighs, looking around the empty space "And I studied interior design so I have so much ideas for every single room in this house other than your room or whatever room you want to design"

"Kai, I will literally put the cheapest couch, coffee table and cheapest Tv I could find in our living room. I literally grew up without a living room so I'm only designing my room" I grew up with the most simple junk we could find on the streets. Funny how someone who lived on one meal a day to save money befriended someone who could literally buy a house and a car without even having a job.

"Right so lets buy a car first for the two of us and then buy the furniture tomorrow because I'm fine with living with a mattress for the night"

"You? The bitch that eats a fucking filet mignon like once a month with their family? Sleeps on a mattress? On the floor?"

"Motherfucker, I'm rich but I'm not a spoiled brat"

"You literally just wanted to move to America and your parents buys you a house, gives you an extended black credit card, and pays for our bills. You're spoiled but not a brat"

-

laffydaffy