022

When I got back inside, I was met with awkward silence between both George and Wisteria. When I said awkward, I meant just George. Wisteria seemed happy.

Wisteria kept whispering in some people's ears and when she left, they spilled what happened.

Nick's birthday was in a couple months and after specifically asking not to throw a birthday party, George agreed to Wisteria's plan of throwing him a surprise party.

"Am I invited to your birthday party?" I teased Nick, nudging him on the side.

"I was planning on spending my birthday playing games with you and now I have this stupid party" Although Nick was whispering, I can hear the childish tantrum he was throwing inside of him.

"At least you can play games with me but this time, in real life!" I whispered back in excitement. Whatever went inside his head definitely didn't match what I said l. Why was he smiling like that?

"Like bedwars?"

"Nicholas Armstrong, I will punch your face so hard" I clenched my fist in front of him and he just mocked me by doing the same.

"She said your full name, remember Nick, the smaller ones are the scariest" I heard Clay chuckle at his own joke.

"That's not true, Wisteria is not scary whatsoever, no matter what position or face you put her in. She's the least scary thing in the entire world" Nick quickly debunks it while Wisteria skips back over to the living room after putting her ice cream in the freezer.

"That's not true, if I insult anyone around Wisteria, she starts giving me scary ass fucking threats" Clay didn't realize Wisteria was standing right behind him as he said that. Everyone pressed their lips into a line while looking at her confused behind him. "She's right behind me, isn't she?"

"Did you just say my name and a swear word in the same sentence?" The innocence in her voice really made it so much scarier for Clay and it showed.

"Wha- I- no? I would never, my love" Clay twists his body around to give her kisses but she just looked disappointed in him.

I'm kinda visualizing this as a mother and son fighting except the kissing and 'my love' part.

"Clay"

"Yes, love?"

"You're sleeping alone tonight"

"NO- NO- WAIT-" She just shut him up by smiling and walked over to sit next to him "Nick, I want a very big space between the two of you and if you place a hand on her, I will murder you with our kitchen knife"

"WOOO! NICK AND WISTERIA SLEEP OVER TONIGHT!" Nick gave Wisteria a high five.

"Oh she sleeps on your bed?" Fuck- that wasn't meant to come out.

"I mean, one time she actually did because Clay was being annoying and needed punishment. We just do pillow fights and stuff but when she falls asleep, I move to the couch"

Even after he reassured me, I couldn't help but feel an edge of jealousy against Wisteria. I know I shouldn't but how couldn't I? She had a boyfriend but was so close to Nick.

I let it slide, knowing Wisteria didn't really seem to be the type to cheat.

"Oh Daphne, are you staying for dinner? I mean we usually have it at like 9 pm but we can have it earlier" Nick casually offers.

I turn my phone on and it was already 5 pm. Had time really gone by that quickly? The ride home was 3 hours, I needed to go or else I'd be home way later and I didn't like walking alone.