027

"What's with you and Wisteria making me walk up a fucking mountain filled with trees?"

Nick and I were hiking the really short walk up a hill to the abandoned playground I've found once when I moved here. I was bringing the lunch in my hands, holding a bag that was a decently heavy weight and apparently half of Nick's weight trying to get up. We've been here for 5 minutes.

"Wisteria makes you walk up a mountain?" I stop to turn and look at him and he was going so slow at a land that was literally flat. All he had to do was walk. The walk from the bus stop to my apartment was so much longer than how far we've come since we left the car.

"Yes, she made me and Clay go up a whole ass mountain to get to the house she lives in and stays at with her friends"

"Does Clay complain when he's walking up with her?"

"No. It's literally Clay and Wisteria, he'd blame himself and jump in front of a bus if she simply gets a paper cut" His chin drops down onto my shoulder and I feel his arms slither around my waist, putting his entire weight depending on my body.

He calls me a little bitch the entire time and now that I am having a moment with the little bitch body I have, he uses it as a wall to lean on.

"You should be more like Clay"

"Daphne, the difference between Clay and I is that he would rather be rammed into a bus if he was given the option to die or have Wisteria get hiccups while I would affectionally run you over if I could"

I put the lunch inside my bag and held my hand out for him to hold. I felt like a mother trying to get her child to stop playing video games and go outside.

Which was probably what I was doing anyway.

"It's not even that far and it's just barely going upwards, how are you so tired?"

"I could just drop down and lay flat on the floor for a 10 minute break" He barely got out from the panting he's done "We can't just drive our car through this thing and break all the trees?"

"No, now hold my hand so we can get there quicker" I held my hand out and he grabs it, but still leaned on me like he didn't want to walk anymore. "Nick, we are never gonna get there if you don't start moving"

"What if we just eat here?" He said, in the middle of no where at all.

There was literal dirt on the ground and trees surrounding us. The moment my pants get dirty, I'm gonna lose it.

"Will you make sure my pants don't get dirty?"

"You can sit on my lap"

"Never mind, keep walking" I shrugged.

I had to hold his hand the entire time we were walking. By holding his hand, I mean literally pulling this man up the entire time until we got there. It's like I had a bag that stopped moving every 2 minutes.

"NICK"

"DAPHNE"

"WE'RE LITERALLY SO CLOSE TO THE MIDDLE OF THE FOREST, SUCK IT UP" I didn't really think it was that long of a walk. I usually got there pretty quick without a baby pulling me back.

"Daphneeeee"

"If I kiss you, will you shut up and walk?"

That seemed to be enough to boost his energy a bit. He instantly stood up straight and looked at me with puppy dog eyes.

"Yes please"

I scoffed, walking in front of him. "If you don't start walking, I'm gonna move to California and block your number"