four

billie
"you look beautiful" I whisper in summer's ear with my hand on her lower back, she smiles softly kissing my cheek making me smile.

"what's up? talk to me baby" I ask turning my body towards her in my seat, she glances at me while playing with her fork.

she's been off the whole night.

"i didn't want to ruin the date you planned"

"you won't ruin it, I promise" I tell her as I take her hand and kiss it softly.

"yeah but then you will be a asshole about my feelings and we will start fighting, I don't want that" she says playing with my hand and tracing my tattoos.

fuck.

it really isn't my intention to make her feel all these things.

"I won't, I'm giving you my word" I tell her searching her eyes, she stares at me for a bit before talking, "the things you say sometimes made me feel uneasy" she shrugs.

"how? what did I say that made you uneasy?" I ask her.

"I don't know but i haven't felt very secure with you since that party or since forever really and im feeling very uncomfortable with the shit you say" I stare at her before rolling my eyes and let go of her hand.

"you always have to start shit bro, we're fine. deadass, you stay tripping though" I say standing up from my chair, she nods and keeps quiet while looking around the restaurant.

"im out here trying to have a date with you that you wanted so badly but you're tripping" she stares at me for a second before looking around again seeing how people are now invested.

"this is exactly why I said we shouldn't talk about it because I tell you how I feel and you start shouting and shit" she says asking for the bill.

"nah man fuck you, im out" I say walking out, she doesn't bother running after me as I get out and get to my car to wait there. she still needs a ride home.

soon I see her exit the restaurant just as a Uber pulls in, I watch as she fixes her dress and wipe her tears before getting in the car and they pull out.

I sigh resting my head on the steering wheel with a groan, that didn't go as I hoped it would.

so much for a anniversary date.

I let out a sigh starting the car and pull out, "fuck"