thirty eight

billie
I smile watching adalyn and maeve jump around on the stage as I perform, my friends and summer are on the sidelines watching the show.

NO GUIDANCE (FEAT. DRAKE)
by CHRIS BROWN

"okay, give it up for my dancers" I laugh picking them up, everyone cheers as I put them with their moms, I give summer a kiss on her forehead before going back on stage.

"yall ready?" I grin and everyone cheers, "I don't think you are but aight" I say pulling up my pants, the song starts as drake walks out making everyone lose their shit.

"trips that you plan for the next whole week" he starts walking around the barriers, "bands too long for a n* so cheap" I take this time to get a bottle of water until it's my verse.

and your flex OD, and your sex OD. you got it, girl, you got it
you got it, girl, you got. pretty lil' thing, you got a bag and now you wildin'
you just took it off the lot, no mileage. Way they hittin' you, the DM lookin' violent. talkin' wild, you come around and now they silent, flew the coop at 17, no guidance. you be stayin' low but you know what the vibes is. ain't never got you nowhere bein' modest. poppin' shit but only 'cause you know you're poppin', yeah.

"lil' baby in her bag, in her birkin" I sing throwing my water bottle on the floor, "no nine to five, put the work in. flaws and all, I love 'em all, to me, you're perfect" I sing looking over at summer.

baby girl, you got it, girl, you got it, girl
you got it, girl, you got it, girl

"I don't wanna play no games, play no games. fuck around, give you my last name. know you tired of the same damn thing, that's okay 'cause, baby, you" I sing coming towards her and take her hand to pull her into the stage.

"ay this nigga is down bad" drake laughs into the mic making everyone scream, I take a seat and make summer sit on my leg.

you got it, girl, you got it

"you the only one I'm tryna make love to, picking and choosing. they ain't really love you, running games, using" I lick my lips and chuckle in between words.

I wrote this song about summer yet I ended up fucking her up, ironic.

soon enough the song was ending and I make summer sit on the chair as I dap up drake and he leaves the stage, "okay, I wanted to perform this song for summer" I say onto the mic standing in front of her.

"if you all could put up your flashes for me please" I grin seeing flashes go up and they dim the lights, "thank you" I smile and nod indicating for the music to start.

GET TO YOU
by GIVEON

the music starts of me talking as I adjust the earpiece, I glance behind me seeing summer sitting with her legs folded and watching the back of my head with a small smile.

"single but it's getting old quick" I sing looking through the crowd, "i'm on the road each night, need someone to hold me. that's what you told me" I smile coming behind summer to hug her there.

"billie I just don't understand why you are never home! you're always on the road, catching flights and shit while I have to sit home and wait" summer screams.

"ive gotta work and-"

"I get that you have to work billie, I do too but I shouldn't have to feel so neglected in this relationship" she cries throwing her hands up.

"summer, you're overreacting bro"

"I just want someone to hold me, it's so cold here alone and you can never spend even a day with me" she says biting her lip.

"can't help it, they wanna know me. you wanna show me off, had to keep it lowkey" I sing tightening my arms around her.

"this picture is cute, can I post it?" summer asks showing me a picture of us.

"nah, you know how my manager are, I'm still trying to get them to agree to the whole public relationship thing" I shrug going back to answering the dm.

"oh okay"

"loving you on my time is unfair, i'ma be honest, I care? put it behind us, I swear" I close my eyes sinking into the music.

"you wanna catch a bite or something?" I ask summer seeing her sitting on the bed answering emails.

"I'm really busy today billie, I have so many emails and shit to send out, can we do it tonight?" she responds looking up at me and back at her laptop.

"you've been begging me for a date and when I ask you're busy, whatever. I'm out" I announce and don't wait for an answer before leaving the apartment.

"nights out in these streets, lipstick on my cheek. had my fun now I'm tryna get to you" I feel summer cup my face as I sing.

"shit" I mutter looking at the time on the dashboard, I speed my way back to the apartment.

summer is going to be on my ass about being late.

I pull into the parking and get some wipes to wipe off the lipstick on my cheek before making my way in.

"the summer went cold and now you're waiting for me, took it way too far" I open my eyes seeing summer staring at me as I sing.

"but billie you promised me a date, I've been waiting for hours" summer says softly over the phone.

"I know what I said but I said I can't make it tonight aight?"

"yeah okay, can you at least tell me if you're coming home tonight?"

"bro hop off my dick with your stupid dates, leave me alone" I groan ending the call.

by the time the song was over, a single tear ran down my cheek which I quickly wipe away and pull summer up to hug her tightly, "I'm sorry" I apologize squeezing her in my arms softly.

"I'm so sorry for how I've treated up" I apologize against her ear only for her to hear.