twenty

billie
I let out a shaky sigh trying to get the courage to leave my car, I've finally decided it's time I apologize to some people and the first person on my list besides summer.

is her mom.

her mom is the absolute sweetest and we had such a close bond from the beginning, I want to apologize to her.

I take my gifts and get out of the car going to knock on the door, "wait a minute" she shouts after a few seconds she opens the door seems like she was cooking.

"oh billie" she seems surprised before she looks at my hands and steps aside, "what brings you by?" she asks closing the door.

"I.. I just wanted to talk to you" I tell her, "and give you these" I hand over the gifts, she smiles thanking me before making me follow her.

I qui remove my shoes before joining her in the kitchen, "I'm making some dinner, I'm sorry to say but you're going to have to make it quick. I'm expecting summer soon" she says going back to her pots.

"right" I sigh, "that's what I actually wanted to talk to about" I sit up fiddling with my hands, "I guess I just wanted to apologize to you" I tell her making her glance at me before turning her head.

"why?"

"for the way I've treated your daughter, no mother would want their daughter to be treated like that and I know my apology won't do much but I hope you accept it" I say licking my lips.

"I know it's been so long since we broke up but I've been on the road and therapy" she stares at me for a bit before looking off again.

"it's just.. I don't like liars billie, you should know this. in the beginning you promised me" she says making me nod, "you promised me to treat her good, what went wrong?" she asks switching off the stove to give me her attention.

"nothing, everything was going so well between us, things have always been well between us. i just got my head turned and destroyed what we had before it could completely build" I tell her.

"I am disappointed, I know my baby girl is deserving of more than what you did and I know she will find greater, I know she will get the treated she deserves" ouch.

"I'm just a bit disappointed. you two could have been something great"

"I know" I say biting my lip trying to stop my tears, "I truly am sorry, I really do love summer, always have" I say wiping my tears.

I hate disappointing people.

"it's okay, I appreciate your apology" she tells me coming closer to hug me, I hug her tightly and hold on for a bit, "and I'm glad you're going to therapy" she adds stepping back.

"how is summer doing?" I ask standing up since I can't stay.

"she's okay, she's has that p- glow at the moment but she's doing good, she keeps herself busy" she says making me nod,

"I'm glad" I shuffle on my feet a bit, "can you maybe tell her I'm wishing her well and I am going to therapy like she asked" she nods with a small smile.

"how is therapy?" she asks walking me to the front door.

"it's okay, as much as I hate to admit it, it's really helping me out and I'm just bettering myself before I can move on" I say putting on my shoes.

"I'm glad, keep doing as you're doing. I know summer would be really proud" she tells me making me smile.

"you think?"

"I know so, billie"

"good good" I mutter, "it was great seeing you ma and again.. I'm sorry" I tell her as I step out.

"you're okay billie" she nods and we say our last goodbyes before I get in the car.