thirty seven

summer
"you're okay?" billie asks laying on the bed next to me.

after talking to the security team last night, we packed some clothes and I'm going to be staying with billie for a while which I am grateful for

"I'm okay, just a little freaked out" I tell her as I cuddle into the pillow, "I just.. what if the kids were home? I mean I couldn't even handle the situation alone but what if the kids were home and nobody was answering?" I sigh closing my eyes.

"but it didn't happen"

"it could have" I shrug looking at billie, "god billie, I wouldn't want my kids to not feel safe where they grew up" I tell her as I turn over onto my back.

"I understand summer but stop thinking about it so much because it didn't happen, it could have but it didn't and for that we're grateful and that you're okay" she tell me coming closer and cuddles me.

"I know but I can't help it" I mutter laying my head on her shoulder.

"I get it" she says kissing my shoulder innocently, "we're moving you out of that house though" she says shaking her head.

"maybe you can move in with me? if you don't want to sleep with me, there is a spare room right next to the girls' room"

"yeah but I don't want to separate the girls, they have lived in the same house since they were born and it's just going to confuse them" I tell her.

"we will think of something summer, I can't let you go back to that house though" she tells me pulling back to look at my face, "m.a has a bigger house maybe you can even live there while we find another place for you" she shrugs.

"that could work" I nod.

"and I'm moving there for a bit too" she grins making me laugh, "I want to be as close as I can be to be baby mama and my daughters" she says bouncing her eyebrows.

"shut up" I laugh and push her shoulder back and turn over to face away from her.

"never" she mutters coming to wrap her arms around me, we lay there cuddling in silence before her phone rings and she gives me a gentle squeeze before rolling over to get it.

I watch her stare at the screen for a while, "who is it?" I ask her, "no one important, I'm gonna take this" she splutters with her eyes glued to the screen and gets up to walk out.

not even a minute later she comes in, still on the phone.

I bite my lip turning back around, "yeah but someone broke in at summer's place and I can't really do shit today. can we do soundcheck early tomorrow?" she asks walking back in and sits on the edge of the bed.

"I appreciate it, thanks danny" she says and hangs up before laying back down and wraps her arms around me, "I'm sorry, I realized how bad that looked" she says kissing my neck.

"mmh" she sighs pulling the covers over us and spoon me.