twenty three

naomi
"what are you doing today?" I ask summer as she finishes her makeup.

"I'm thinking of going to get ada and mom to go shopping with them" she shrugs, "maybe get our nails done and what not" she says bouncing her eyebrows.

I chuckle as she gets dressed before the door bell rings making me huff while getting up to go get it, there stands billie.

"uh shit, what are you doing here? why are you early?" I ask her with wide eyes.

"I had nothing else to do so I figured I could stop by early, it's only a few minutes early" she shrugs, "I can go wait in the car until it's time, if you need me too" she says raising her eyebrow.

"no, just come in" I sigh stepping aside, I lead her towards the living room and tell her to sit, soon summer comes down and ready to go. although billie couldn't see her, her eyebrows raise in confusion.

"okay, I'm out naomi" summer announces making me face palm, "do you want me to bring you some food?" she asks coming closer and before I know it she freezes at the door.

I watch as the two stare at each other before I clear my throat, "please do, I'm not picky. anything to eat is fine" I tell her, she glances at billie one more time before nodding and walks out.

the front door shuts making billie let out a groan, "you didn't tell you guys live together!" she whisper yells.

"because it's none of your business" I chuckle making her roll my eyes, she sits there speechless over what just happened.

"do you want to meet your daughter?" I ask her eventually making her snap out of it, she nods handing me some flowers she got, "these are for you, sort of an apology for not being around for so long" she says.

"thank you" I signal for her to follow me to the girl's room, "mae baby" I announce walking in, she looks up at me from laying on the floor watching tv.

"come here" she gets up running to hug me, "I have someone I want you to meet" I say picking her up.

"this is your other mama.. in a way. her name is billie and billie, this is maeve" I say introducing them.

"can I hold her?" I nod passing mae over, "hi cutie, you're so precious" billie whispers going to take a seat on the bed.

"you my mama?" mae asks confused.

"yeah, I am"

"but I already have a mama" her eyes widen as she looks at me making me chuckle.

"well sometimes people have two mamas" billie tells her.

"but I have four" she says showing five fingers, billie puts down one finger and shows her a four.

"who are your four mamas"

"mama sum-sum, ma, mommy" she lists, "and you" she grins pointing at billie.

"she means summer and m.a" I tell billie, "they help me raise her" I shrug, she nods turning her attention back.

"well I guess you do have four mamas" billie says matching her eyes with wide eyes, "that's a lot"

"nah ah, it's only four. I want this many" she says putting up all her fingers.

"you want that many mamas? what are you going to do with that many?" Billie's asks with a gasp.

"they're all going to buy me pwesents" she giggles, "and then I have this many toys" she says opening her arms wide.

"you want that many toys?"

"mmh mmh" mae nods quickly making us chuckle, I walk out and close the door behind me to let them bond. they're going to be just fine.

.
"hey" I look up seeing billie walking in looking worn out, "I put her down for a nap, is that okay?" she ask cautiously.

"yeah, I'm glad you did" I nod, she smiles taking a seat on the couch and lets out a sigh.

"how are you?" she asks eventually making me switch off my phone.

"I'm good, how are you billie?"

"I am good" she nods playing with her hands, "I've been really good actually" I nod watching her stare at her hands, "how is uhm.. summer?" she asks eventually making me chuckle.

"she's good" I say sitting up, she nods looking around, "ask billie, I know you have questions" I tell her making her laugh nervously.

"I just.. how is she really? I mean I know how I fucked her up and I just want to know if she's okay" she says glancing up at me.

"she's okay really. she's just healing and focused on herself right now, doing what she needs to do to get better" I shrug, "but I will say that you're not making it easier with you talking about her on every interview"

she laughs almost nervously and nods, "I will stop if I must" she says playing with her bottom lip

"can we talk about co-parenting"