thirty one

summer
"hi" I give billie a small smile stepping aside to let her in, "hi uhm.. these are for you" she smiles while handing me flowers, I chuckle softly taking them and thank her.

my house is about to be full of flowers that she keeps bringing.

"yeah, it's no problem" she say nervously putting her hands in her pockets and rock on her feet nervously, "I'm sorry yesterday was so tense" she apologizes awkwardly.

"as expected" I shrug, "follow me and take off your shoes" she quickly does so and follow after me as I put the flowers in the kitchen, "naomi and mae are actually out on a date with m.a right now, so it's just us" I tell her making her nod.

she looks around eagerly making me laugh lightly, "you'll meet her billie, relax" I joke making her chuckle while waiting impatiently, I put the vase on the counter and signal for her to follow me.

I led her to my room when I find ada watching the show I put on for her while eating her chicken fingers on my bed, "ada baby" I call out making her look at me.

"I want you to meet someone" I tell her as I help her clean her hands, "you know how you always ask me why mae has two mamas, mama nao and m.a?" she hums chewing on her food.

"well you have two mamas too and this is your other mama, billie" I tell her making her stare at billie with almost wide eyes, "billie, this is adalyn, your daughter" I introduce them.

billie steps forward almost cautiously and greets ada, "hi princess, can I pick you up?" as soon as ada nods, billie takes her in her arms to hug her.

"hi, you're so pretty" she whispers crying a bit, I smile watching them hug before billie takes a seat on the bed still crying while holding ada.

I get up and leave the room to let them bond while I watch tv in the living room.

almost three hours later, I start to get worried and go check on them in my room. billie lays wide awake with a sleeping ada on her chest, she is softly playing with her hair while she mumbles things to herself.

"you guys still good?" I ask her stepping in, she looks up and gives me a small nod.

"we're good" she whispers out making me nod and take a seat on the end of the bed, "do you want to go out her down in her room? this is my mommy time too and I could use a nap" I tell her making her chuckle.

"lead the way" she says holding ada securely and follow me to their room, i point to the bed on the right, "that's hers" she nods putting her under the covers and covers her up.

I watch as she stands over her silently admiring but a smile tugs on the corner of her lips and she gives her a kiss on the forehead before we leave the room.

I awkwardly wait after closing the door and she glances at me before back at her feet, "say what you want to say billie" I say eventually.

"why did you keep her from me?" no stalling, I guess.

"you didn't deserve it" I tell her simply as I walk away and she follows.

"I get that you were hurt or are hurt summer but as soon as you got pregnant it wasn't about us anymore and you made me believe that you had an abortion" she says trying to keep her calm.

"it might have not been about us anymore but billie you got another woman pregnant, it wasn't so special anymore" I roll my eyes, "and I was going to have an abortion, I had the appointment booked and everything but I needed to keep the baby to feel loved by it at least" I tell her.

"summer, I've missed so many moments of her life" she say with her face deepening into a frown.

"you could have had those moments if you had just talked to naomi because you knew she was pregnant"

"true and I love maeve but having a child with you is all I've ever wanted and I missed all the important stuff. I'm sorry I fucked up and knocked up naomi, I really am but not telling me I have a daughter?" she asks sadly.

I refuse to meet her eyes as I play with my fingers, "I understand your frustration billie but I also want you to understand mine, if you were in my shoes, what would you have done?" I ask her, now meeting her eyes.

"tell me what you would have done billie" she didn't seem to have an answer for me making me nod.

"did I have the guilt of not telling you? yes but for once I wanted to feel something I knew was unconditional and I knew that you didn't deserve it, that little girl loves me and I love her. I'm sorry that I was selfish and wanted to treasure and keep that to myself" I say with a shrug.

"it was very selfish of me and you have missed a lot but it's not the end of the world and I stand on the fact that you don't deserve it" I keep eye contact with her as I talk.

the room falls silent for a few minutes before I sigh, "excuse me, I have a nap to take" I give her a small smile going to leave but she stops me.

"I'm sorry, you're right" she sighs, "it really sucks that you didn't tell me but I deserve this and I'm sorry for lashing out like that. if anything I should thank you for giving me a daughter" she says taking my hands.

I go to pull away but she tighten her grip, "can I hug you?" she asks, "just for a little, I want to thank you" I nod and she steps forward to wrap her arms around me in a hug.

I wrap my arms around her waist as she hugs me tightly, "she's so beautiful summer" she whispers out chocked up.

I smile slightly rubbing her back, "she is"