twelve

summer
I get out a shaky laugh staring at the pregnancy test in my hand, I clean it before putting it in a jewelry box to gift it to billie whenever she gets home.

after our doctor's appointment, we went ahead with the plan and billie has been impatient with the process and made me take a pregnancy test everyday until I completely refused and now she's out picking up some food and I will surprise her.

"baby" I hear billie shout and the door shuts, I shout back washing my hands and put the box on the bed.

"hey, what did you get?" I ask her watching her unpack everything onto the table.

"I got some Italian, Chinese and Thai, so we can have a food fest" she grins bouncing her brows, I laugh sitting on the floor next to her.

in our three years of dating, food fest have always been our thing. it is what we did on our first date and we just kept it going since then.

"music or do you want to watch something?" I shrug getting a container of soup dumplings to start eating, billie laughs lowly putting on some music.

.
"you're suppose to open your mouth wider dumbass" I laugh after trying to throw the chip in her mouth.

"my mouth doesn't open any wider, you have the worst aim" she laughs moving back, "open your mouth baby, let me show you how it's done" she says wiggling her brows.

her sentence makes me bust out laughing, "last time I heard those words were something else" billie burst out laughing and shakes her head.

"shut up and open your mouth" I giggle tilting my head upwards and open her mouth, she aims but misses hitting my cheek making me giggle.

"wait, let me try again" she laughs, I can hear her shuffling around but nothing comes comes at me making me turn to look at her.

"my mouth is-" my words are cut off by seeing her on one knee with a ring box on her hand, my eyes widen as I stumble back and stand up making her chuckle lightly.

"I swear I was going to hold onto this for longer because I was planning something romantic but I can't help myself" she says and clears her throat.

"summer amariana reed, i- I can't begin to comprehend how much I love you baby. we've had our patches, we will have more in the future it but there's nothing I want to do more than start a life with you" she says tearing up.

"I know I've done you wrong before but I want you to know that I love you, I love you more than anything or anyone" she sniffles holding up the ring, "there's nothing I've been more sure off in my life than you and I want to take that step and ask you to marry me"

"I want to promise you that from this point on nothing is ever going to hurt, not even myself" she says as her tears stream, "we might bump heads and I might test your patience but please always know that you don't need me, if anything you're all I have"

"so summer, would you make me the happiest and luckiest woman ever and marry me?" I cover my face as I choke on a sob.

"of course I will marry you" I say choked up with a nod, she lets out a sigh standing up to hug me, she quickly pulls back to take my hand and out the ring on my finger.

"oh my god billie" I cry out staring at the ring, I bring her into a hug crying in her neck, "it's so beautiful" I staring at the ring while she also sobs on my shoulder.

"it's so pretty, thank you baby" I say pulling back to kiss her head hard, I could taste both our tears on our lips but i didn't care right now.

"I love you so much amariana" she says leaning her forehead on mine and cups my face to wipe my tears, "I love you" she says again pecking my lips.

"I love you too" I giggle hugging her, she sways us side to side softly as she rubs my back.

"I had something more romantic planned I promise but I couldn't help myself" she says making me giggle.

"this was perfect" I tell her staring at my ring behind her neck, "I do have a surprise for you though" I say pulling back with a big smile while wiping her face.

"why don't you go and start the shower for us while I clean up here and don't touch anything!" I say making her nod and peck my lips before running up the stairs.

I smile collecting the containers and leftovers to the kitchen before I wipe the table, as I was going up to our room a knock stopped me.

"hi" I smile answering the door to katorah and a girl next to her.

"hey, is billie around?" the girl asks as kotorah seems to notice the ring on my hand.

"yeah, she is in the showers but who are you?" I ask her.

"I'm naomi and we need to talk to you"