twenty four

billie
"hey doc" I grin at Dr.Francisco.

"hi billie" she laughs lowly taking a seat on her chair, "you seem to be in a good mood" she comments.

"meh" I shrug, "I saw summer, it was very brief and we didn't talk" I tell her as I bite my lower lip in thought.

"oh yeah? and how did that feel?"

"good in a way and also sooo scary" I say with my eyes widening, "apparently her and naomi live together and I saw her when I went there" I tell her.

"you met your daughter right?"

"yeah, I did but summer looks so good" I say widening my eyes.

"and how was meeting your little girl feel?"

"good. summer looks even younger and she has this glow. she's so pretty" I groan rubbing my face.

"billie" I lift my face to look at Dr.Francisco, "I'm glad you got to see summer and we will get to that but right now.. I want to talk about your daughter" she says giving me a look.

"right.. sorry" I apologize rubbing my neck.

"it's okay, how was it?"

"it was really good, she's so precious" I pout thinking about maeve, "do you want to see a picture?" I pull out my phone to show her the pictures I took.

"she's the cutest" she compliments with a pout.

"right?" I widen my eyes a bit, "apparently she also calls summer mommy, that is so adorable"

"it is, when are you seeing her again?"

"next week, to give me time to decorate her room and stuff"

:・゚✧*:・゚✧

"hi" I give naomi a gentle smile when she gets in my passenger seat.

"hello billie" she chuckles a bit while putting on her seatbelt.

"how are you doing?"

"im good, I would have appreciated you booking my day instead of just calling me last minute but you know.." she shrugs as I pull out of the driveway.

"sorry, I am going to buy some stuff for mae's room and I just panicked because what if she doesn't like it" I shrug glancing over at her.

"I get it" she nods looking around the car, "how are you doing billie?"

"im okay" I shrug too looking over at her and back at the road, "do you mind telling me all I need to know about mae, what she likes and what she doesn't"

"mmh no" she grins, "part of parenting is figuring what your child likes and doesn't like, you have to figure it out" she shrugs making me smile lightly.

"okay.. I don't mind that but any allergies?"

"no food allergies and she's vegan because of summer" I nod with a small smile. I pull into the parking lot of the store and get my shit before we walk in.

"I already ordered a bed for her and it should be delivered soon but I need sheets, decorations and all that shit" I tell naomi as we walk in.

"can I ask you a question" I nod coming to a stop and turn to face her, "why did it take you so long to reach out when you knew I was pregnant" i gulp at the question.

Dr Francisco tells me to give direct eye contact when I am in certain situations where the truth is needed and i want to show that you're being truthful.

"you wouldn't have wanted me around maeve if I reacted out then, I was a mess and I was spiraling" I tell her simply, "that was no way to be around a child" I give her eye contact as I talk making her nod.

"okay" she nods continuing to look around.

"I'm sorry for not being around" I apologize making her chuckle lightly.

"it's all good billie, literally no hard feelings. I think I was too consumed in m.a to even care" she laugh making me chuckle.

"I have another question"

"I'm listening"

"why did you cheat on summer so much if you claim to love her?"

I let out a shaky sigh, "I was scared and conflicted" I shrug keeping it short, "but I think summer deserves the explanation before anyone else" I tell her making her smile.

"see.. that right there" she squints her eyes and points at me, "that is why I say summer is so much stronger than me, I would have folded hearing you talk on the interviews but she doesn't" she laughs lowly.

I chuckle picking up the baby towels, "what I say on interviews is true but she shouldn't fold that quick or ever really" I shrug, "that's kind of being easy" I tease making naomi's jaw drop.

"did you just-" she throws a teddy at me, "just when I was about to put in a good word for you"

"wait, I'm joking" I laugh putting the teddy back, "I'm joking man" i pat her head making her hit my hand away.

"yeah yeah"