Prologue

Briar was special in every way possible. For the first time in history, she was born of two types of fairies, Fire and Mind. In the Otherworld she was seen as a celebrity of sorts, though her mother kept a close eye on her. Her mother was none other than Farah Dowling, headmistress of Alfea, well known to almost everyone in the Otherworld.

She spent her life at Alfea, having befriended the only other person her age, Crown Prince of Eraklyon, Sky. They had been best friends since they spent their young ages at Alfea. They often trained together, each helping the other with their studies. Even though Briar was a fairy, she had made Sky train her as if she was a Specialist. He knew her mother would be upset if she were to find out but did it anyway to appease an annoyingly stubborn Briar.

Having spent her whole life at Alfea, Briar learned to control her powers quicker than most. She felt she didn't need to continue school but couldn't bare to leave her mother so soon.

Farah Dowling and Saul Silva raised Sky and Briar the best they could. When Farah fell pregnant she wasn't ready for a child but couldn't bare to give her up. Saul on the other hand didn't have a choice. After Sky's fathers death, he was entrusted to raise Sky.

They both cared deeply for the children but opted to keep them in the dark most of the time. It frustrated both Briar and Sky. Feeling they were following a leader blindly, making them question where their loyalty lied.

Briar had always trusted her mother, that the bond between a mother and daughter could never be broken. Or so she thought..