Ch 37: The Archer

"I'm ready for combat, I say I don't want that, but what if I do?"

My hands felt clammy as we waited for the Specialists to return. The Blood Witches had infiltrated Alfea and took over every Specialist that hadn't gone on the ambush that was really a set up. Silva didn't say much on the phone except for that it was clearly a set up. 

"Bee!" I heard. 

I turned around as Riven dropped the box in his hands. I ran to him, jumping into his arms. He held onto my body, tightly as my fingers were tangled in his hair. 

"Silva told me you were put in stasis" he said. "I thought I lost you."

"You won't lose me" I said. "I promise."

He loosened his grip as I grabbed his face. I placed my lips on his softly, savoring this moment. After a few moments he put me down as I looked around. I didn't see Sky, figuring I had missed him. Bloom walked over as a handful of Specialist's surrounded us. 

"The attack was over in about twenty minutes" she said. "I don't know how many Blood Witches were with them but it was enough to take over every Specialist there last night."

"They knew we were making a move on their hideout" Silva said. 

"And we drank the last of the Blood Witch antidote. Fucker" Riven said. 

"They took over every Specialist?" Dane asked. 

"Yeah. And fairies didn't have it much better" I said. "Sebastian basically brought an army of scrapers to take them down."

"Are they all drained?" Silva asked. 

"Not yet" I said. 

Bloom took out her phone to show him footage Musa had sent. I knew Gwen would be okay, at least I hope she'd be. She was considered one of the most powerful Mind Fairies at the school but was also not as confident in her magic. Musa had told us Gwen and Flora were taken by Sebastian. 

"They're being held under the school, taken to him one by one" Bloom said. 

"I don't think he can handle a lot of magic at once" I said. 

"So, there's still time to save some of them. That's good. Good intel" Silva said. 

"Well, it's all Musa. She's hiding in the school" Bloom said. "She was able to avoid detection, but Flora and Gwen weren't so lucky."

"It looks like we've got our work cut out for us" he said. "A frontal assault is suicide. A covert strike upgrades our odds but not by much. And we'll be fighting friends, which is a headfuck. We've got non-lethal weapons should you want them. Once we disable them and neutralize the threat, the Blood Witches will be easy to clear. Then we free the fairies."

"And I'm going after Sebastian" Bloom said. 

"Let's gear up" he said. 

I grabbed Bloom's arm before she was able to walk away. 

"We should do it together. He's sneaky and manipulative" I said. 

She shrugged me off as I walked towards Riven and Kat, still trying to find Sky. 

"Where's Sky?" I asked. 

"Don't get mad" Riven said. 

"Where is he, Riv?" I asked. 

"Silva told him you were being put into stasis and he went to try and get you out" Kat said. "He's in confinement. Surprised he didn't but Silva waited to tell him."