Ch 47: Don't Blame Me

"Don't blame me, love made me crazy"

I laid on the ground, unable to move my body as I saw outlines of people walking around. My vision began to clear when I saw Millie talking with my father. 

"You promise not to hurt her?" She asked. 

"Oh child, you have much to learn" he said. 

Emma walked into view, kissing his cheek before he held his hand out, fire leaving his palm. Millie screamed out in pain as she burned alive. A tear left my eye as I closed my eyes, trying not to make a sound. 

"We need to leave before they get here" Emma said.

"Are we just going to leave them here to die?" Alex asked. 

I opened my eyes to see him staring at Lorna's unconscious body. He felt heartache when he looked at her, he loved her and yet he fought against her. 

"Grab Briar and Wanda" my father said. 

I quickly closed my eyes as a pair of hands lifted my body off the ground. 

"The boy too" he said. 

I kept my eyes closed as my body was set back down on a cold hard floor. I listened to their conversations, hearing an engine start. It sounded like a jet of some kind, not a normal engine. I seemed to be right, feeling lightheaded. 

It seemed like an eternity later when we landed. An argument began between my father and Emma. I tried my best to listen but was quickly picked up and taken off the jet. 

"I know you are not asleep" Alex whispered. 

I slowly opened one of my eyes to see he was the one carrying me. 

"Why.. are you helping him?" I whispered. 

"I don't have a choice" he said. 

"You love her" I said. "My aunt.. Lorna."

"Not anymore" he said. 

"I felt it. You love her still" I said. "Help me, please."

"Be quiet" he said. 

He set me down on a table as I closed my eye. It had to of been at least ten minutes as I slowly opened my eyes to see no one around me. I was in a room made of glass as I looked at my hands, a red energy ball appearing. I threw the energy ball as it bounced off the walls. I put my hands over my head as it continued to bounce all over until disappearing. 

"She's awake" someone said. 

I turned around as my father smiled. 

"Let me out of here" I said. 

"Or what?" He said. 

"Where is Riven?" I asked. 

"He's alive.. at least for now" he said. 

"What do you want?" I asked. 

"Never thought you'd ask" he said. 

He walked closer to the glass, sighing. 

"I want the Chaos Magic" he said. 

"The what?" I asked. 

He smiled, shaking his head as he slammed his fists on the glass. 

"Do not act stupid, girl" he said. "I need it."

"Is Bloom still alive?" I asked. 

"Does not matter" he said. 

"It does!" I yelled. "If she is alive, I will give it to you."

"Briar, no!" My mother yelled. 

I turned around to see my mother in a room similar to mine. 

"He could destroy countless worlds if he gets that magic inside you" she said. 

I turned back to my father. 

"If you want it so bad, why don't you just take it?" I asked. "Like you did with Bloom."

His jaw clenched as I smiled. 

"Because you can't" I said. 

He walked away not saying another word as I turned back to my mother. 

"You can't give it to him" she said. 

"I can't lose Riven and Bloom" I said. 

"You don't know that he's dead" she said. 

I stood up from the floor, looking around. 

"This isn't normal glass" I said. "My blast bounced off of it."

I put my hand to the glass, closing my eyes as I focused on the matter. I opened my eyes as the glass around me turned to dust. I walked over the pile of dust, looking up to see Alex staring at me. 

"I don't want to fight you.. but I will" I said. 

"Lorna is the only woman I've ever loved" he said. 

He looked at my mother as she grimaced at him. 

"I betrayed her, and I regret that decision everyday" he said. "Bloom is still alive, but not for long."

"Where is she?" I asked. 

He motioned for me to follow him as I continued to look around, walking down the halls. 

"Where are we?" I asked. 

"A place called the X mansion" he said. 

He stopped in front of a door, slowly opening it before pushing me in. I ran to Bloom, who was laid on a bed, barely breathing. I grabbed her hand to find her body cold. I held back tears as explosions went off. I looked at Alex who became uneasy. 

"They're here" he said. 

"Who is here?" I asked. 

"They know we took Wanda" he said. 

"Who!" I yelled. 

He left the room as I grabbed Bloom, throwing her arm around mine. We left the room as she began muttering words. I fell to the ground as another explosion of some sort went off down the hall. I put my body over Bloom's as I heard footsteps. I looked up as a man held his hand out. 

"Who are you?" I asked. 

"Doctor Stephen Strange" he said. "We already got your mother."

"Take her" I said. 

I moved off Bloom as he picked her up. He made a portal as I watched them walk through. Instead of walking through with them I ran the other direction. 

"Briar!" He yelled. 

"I'm not leaving without him" I said. 

I ran right into Emma, holding my hands out as they began crackling. 

"He's going to betray you" I said. 

"Oh child, you don't know him" she said. 

"I don't think you do either" I said. 

I sent a bolt of lightning to her as she got sent to the wall. I ran down halls left and right, trying to find Riven. I found him barely breathing as I put my head to his chest. I pulled his body off the table, collapsing to the ground.

 I put my hand to his face, realizing I could not feel him. A portal appeared as two men grabbed Riven's body from me. A woman with frosted white hair held her hand out for me to take. I hesitantly took it as we walked through the portal together. I watched as the man who had taken Bloom examined Riven. 

"Is he alive?" I asked. 

He held his head down, looking up to me as I grabbed my body. 

"I'm sorry, Briar" he said. 

"No" I cried. 

My body went limp as I fell to the ground. I grabbed my face as tears fell down my cheeks. My breathing went out of control as I yelled out, my hands falling to my sides as everything turned red