Ch 5: Today Was A Fairytale

"Time slows down whenever you're around"

I levitated my pencil in the air as Sky slammed his books across from me. I jumped as my pencil fell to the table.

"Rude" I said.

"Care to go for a swim?" He asked.

"You've known me for our whole lives, you know I hate swimming" I said.

"It'll give you and Stell some time to bond" he said.

"Oh, so Stella's going? No thanks" I said.

I put my pencil in my back pack before getting up.

"So is Riven" he said. "Well, he's only going if you are."

"I guess Riven would make it a little bit more bearable" I said. "Fine. I'm not swimming though."

"Perfect" he said. "I need you and Stella to get along."

"Why?" I asked.

"I can't have my best friend and girlfriend hate each other" he said.

I forced a smile knowing his intentions were pure.

"They're already ready" he said.

"I thought you said Riven was only going if I went, so I'm assuming you told him I was going before even asking me?" I said.

"Well when you put it like that" he said.

"I have to change" I said.

I went to the suite, setting my bag by the door. I grabbed a water before going to my room. I rummaged through my dresser looking for the only bikini I owned.

"Fuck. Fuck. Fuck" I muttered.

I sat on the floor when someone knocked on the door. I took a deep breath, getting up to answer it. I swung the door open as Riven leaned against the frame.

"You're still wearing the same clothes from before" he said.

"So, you pay attention to what I wear?" I asked.

He smirked, walking in without an invitation. I walked back to my room as he plopped onto the couch. I finally found the red bikini after taking everything out of my dresser. I closed my door, changing into it.

"Can you take any longer?" Riven yelled.

"Shut up" I said.

I grabbed a pair of shorts and an old Patriots shirt my mother had gotten me last year. I walked out to find Riven pretending to be asleep.

"Funny" I said.

I smacked the top of his head as I walked towards the door. He got up following me out the door. He hummed the entire way to the Barrier as I tried not to smile. We met Sky and Stella at an old shed the groundskeeper used.

"Goodie you finally decided to show up" she said.
I glanced at Sky, who was shaking his head.

"Can we go?" I asked.

She smiled, putting her hand to the door as her ring glowed for a moment. She opened the door as we both walked through first before the boys. I looked around at the abandoned farmhouse. Stella walked outside as we all followed, she led the way to a beach.

Not long after being there Riven and Sky left us to get drinks. The sun was blaring down on us, I decided to take my shirt off and put it in my back pocket as much as I could. Stella took off her shawl as we stood there in silence.

"Soooo" I said.

"What" she said.

"How's you and Sky going?" I asked.